• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 262: Chaotic Twist

Just to ensure I had everything understood, I needed to ask one more time.

“...Everyone. Are you absolutely certain?” I questioned the entire crowd, “We would be going against a formal decree from the Princess herself. Such acts are punishable by law--which I am very well-versed in. It’s a massive risk unto itself.”

The crowd started to mutter amongst themselves a bit more as they gave it some thought. I was just as conflicted as they were. This wasn’t going to be some easy snap decision to make since choosing fight or flight could result in a swathe of different outcomes. Ones that I could never predict.

All the sudden, a small Discord teleported onto the podium that I read my notes off of. “Ahem. Would you mind if I tossed in my two bits on the situation?”

My face went from a quick recoil from the startle I got when Discord appeared next to my notes, to a confused, and promptly suspicious glare of death as I stared down at the Draconequus. “Hm? What are you on about? What are you even doing here right now?”

“Oh relax yourself, Detective--I’ve already asked Fluttershy for permission to make a statement. Now I just need yours. Please?” he said with an ironic set of puppy eyes directed at me.

“Ugggrh.” I grit my teeth, and rolled my eyes. Now wasn’t the time to argue. And I supposed it wouldn’t have hurt to at least hear out what he had to say. “Fine. But make it quick. We don’t have any time for nonsense.”

Discord grew to full size next to me, and called out for Cozy. “Thank you very much, good sir. Would Ms. Glow please approach the stage?”

Everyone in the crowd started to mumble a bit more. Likely just as confused as I was at the fact that Discord of all folks had something to say here. What could he have to say at a time like this?

That aside, Cozy would oblige--albeit apprehensively. Given that Discord’s manipulation was half the problem in the first place, I couldn’t blame her shaky approach as she stepped up towards us.

“Y-yes? What’s the matter?”

The next thing I knew, Discord had a set of reading glasses on his face as he flipped through a set of flash cards between his hands/paw? “Okay let’s see...to make a genuine apology you have to...alright.” The glasses and cards disappeared, and Discord--in what I can only describe as uncanny--started to speak in a tone devoid of sarcasm, as if he forced himself to sound genuine. “There’s no easy way for me to say this. But I want to formally apologize to you. My little...experiment got out of hand, and resulted in your imprisonment.”

The thing is, I could feel that it was genuine--as genuine as could be from the being of Chaos. He had to actively make himself sound authentic in order to be taken seriously. It pained him, and I could also feel Fluttershy’s laser-focused glare bore into his soul from the crowd.

Needless to say, I did feel some sympathy for the guy. Chaotic sarcasm was all he really knew, and having to apologize to someone was completely unfamiliar territory. Regardless, it was still valiant that he tried--on his own terms no less.

Even Cozy was taken aback. She nearly stumbled backwards with a worried set of eyes. I couldn’t tell if she had been creeped out or also felt a bit of sympathy. Probably both.

“Um...r-really?” Cozy tilted her head as she asked the question, “Y-you don’t have to say that. I had it coming, really…”

Once again, Discord continued his apology--completely devoid of any snark. “No. I was wrong. It was a foolish way to ‘test’ Twilight. And now I have nopony to blame for it but myself. After living with Fluttershy for the past years, I’ve come to understand that the world isn’t just some playground for entertainment…”

The entire crowd fell silent. Expressions ranged from confusion to disbelief. Did the overlord of Chaos really just admit that he found messing with everything boring? What the hell was going on here?

“Wait, what?” Cozy, now less afraid and more concerned, took a step towards Discord. “What do you mean by that?”

“It’s...complicated,” the draconequus replied with his arms folded, “In short, it’s a matter of fact that I...simply have accepted that I won’t get the chaotic utopia that I’ve always wanted. Fluttershy and her friends will be there to put a stop to me, then their children, their children’s children, or younger siblings or whatever descendants they may have.” He grabbed the bridge of his snout. “It’s more work than what it’s worth to actually pursue Chaos anymore. And Grogar is about to find out the same bad news.”

I decided to speak up before this got any more awkward than it already was. “Okay, hold on. What is your point in all this? I mean, I’m grateful that you’re owning up to your missteps, but what exactly are you trying to say here?”

“I’m saying that if we run and hide,” Discord leaned down to look me in the eyes, “Then that’s exactly what Grogar would want. We’d be playing right into his hooves, and he’ll have already beaten us.”

PreviousChapters Next