• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 303: Cake And Stuff

“Dammit, why does she have to--”

Cheerilee cut me off as she nuzzled her head underneath my chin. “Oh don’t mind her. She’s just super happy to see me finally get married. You know she’s going to want to be the one in control of it to make sure nothing goes wrong.”

Well I couldn’t exactly refuse that perspective. After all, the Mayor had experience in this, right?

So I invited her inside--out to our backyard where she and Cheerilee already started to rattle off plans to each other.

“Ooh, I’m so happy for you!” the Mayor threw her hooves around her best friend, “My own husband and I threw the biggest, most lavish wedding you can imagine. So I’ll make sure that yours is…”

Cheerilee cleared her throat. “Ahem--Mary--you know we want something more relaxed. We’re not going to invite the whole world here.”

The Mayor quickly changed her tune once she realized what we were looking for. “Ah. Yes. I see now. Well, we need to go around and start chatting up everypony so we can get your exact preparations.”

Wait a minute. That’s when I thought of something. Just how did she manage to score this much free time to where she could help us?

“Um...is this okay?” I asked, “I wouldn’t want to be taking away from your work in the office.”

The Mayor scoffed and waved her hoof at me. “Oh pshaw. Inkwell and the other assistants are handling that. I haven’t had a day off in forever. So I’m choosing to spend it with my best friend and her new husband so they can have the best wedding possible. Is that okay with you, Pale?”

When she put it that way, I guess there wasn’t much room to argue. “You know what? That’s perfectly fine. Thank you, Mayor.”

“Then let’s go!” she proclaimed, “First stop: Sugarcube Corner!”

Guess that made sense. The cake was easily the most important part of any wedding next to the folks in attendance. Hopefully they’d be able to take our order without getting backed up…

So we all went to the bakery, and as usual it was rather crowded. What wasn’t usual though, was the fact that there were many workers aside from Pinkie who were there. Party Favor was among them even. But we were approached by the pink pony herself.

“There’s the newest savior of the world and Ms. Cheerilee!” she popped up and out of seemingly nowhere to greet us, “Let me guess--you two are looking for a cake to go along with your upcoming wedding!”

Damn. Even after twenty years or so, Pinkie’s senses were sharper than a sword.

“..Yeah that’s pretty much it,” I replied slowly out of disbelief, “One side with--”

Once again, Pinkie had already proven herself to be on top of everything to an almost eerie level. A notepad hung from her mane which she casually wrote upon with the pencil that was clenched between her teeth. “Peaches and sunflowers and the other with cherries and mascarpone? Hehe! No problem!”

Cheerilee simply rolled her eyes with a knowing smile. “Oh Pinkie...never change.”

“I never intend to!” the pink party pony replied, and put the notepad away, “Now shoo. Shoo!” Pinkie pushed the both of us out of the main entrance with her bare hooves. “I need to get everything ready and you two need to start planning everything else. Don’t you two lovebirds worry about a thang!”

I turned around and tried to say something. “But--”

And the door to the bakery was quickly shut, followed by the sound of Pinkie hopping away.

“...Huh.” I was honestly at a loss for words.

Cheerilee put a hoof around my neck. “Oh don’t worry, dear. She’s always been like this. Though, I did notice a lot of new employees at the bakery. I wonder if Mr. and Mrs. Cake have finally allowed her to hire some new hooves…”

Yes, that was interesting to note. I also didn’t see Pound or Pumpkin Cake anywhere. Was it possible that they were finally able to pursue their own passions away from the sweets shop? Whatever the case, it was out of my hooves. All I could do was hope that the twins were happy.

For the time being, we needed to focus elsewhere since the cake part was already established.

The Mayor looked at her clipboard. “Alright...music--guess that means we’re headed to--”

A hop, skip, and a jump later…

“Pale, my brother--so you’re actually doing it!” Vinyl practically leapt off the ground as soon as we offered her the position of DJ/security. “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure the beats are so bumpin’ that nopony will even think about crashing the party.”

Well that went rather smoothly also, didn’t it?

“Thanks, Vines,” I replied, :Guess we should--”

But before we could leave, the white unicorn brought up something else. “Oh yeah, by the way. Ms. Rights came by looking for you--she actually doesn’t know where you live yet so I told her to check Cozy’s place.”

Oh boy.

PreviousChapters Next