• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,296 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,296

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 128: Winter Festivities 2

I joined up with Cheerilee once more. After a while, Rara’s performance had concluded, and everyone in the audience gave her praise for her wonderful piano skills.

“Seems as if Cozy is doing okay,” I said to Cheerilee once the hype had died down, “I wonder what exactly else she has planned, personally.”

She would respond with bated excitement. “Ooh! If she managed to get ahold of Coloratura, then I’m super excited to see what she has planned next. Could you imagine if she had some sort of acrobatic show? Ooh, or maybe elephants, tigers, and pandas!”

Pandas? What? I didn’t know how to dignify that with a response so I simply put my hoof over the bridge of my nose. “...Cheery, that is no longer a winter festival. That is a circus.”

But she laughed off my deadpanned response. “Oh, you. There’s nothing wrong with a bit of craziness is there? Having a boring holiday season is the exact reason why I left my parents. Every year it was the same exact thing.”

My eyes shot open from their half-lidded state. “Wait, really?” I had some details from before, but I’d definitely like some elaboration. “What do you mean by that?”

She sighed, and went on. “Ah, just--every year they’d always bother me about my personal life and why I hadn’t done as well as ‘X’ or ‘Y’ individual regarding my love life. I could see if I was a lazy bum, but I worked my flank off for those kids and they’re model adults now. I couldn’t be prouder.” She gazed up at the dark, star-lit evening sky. “But I refused to allow my life to be dictated by them when they’ve done no better.”

Ah. That made a lot of sense. Who wanted to deal with the same, constant drama every single year? If you asked me, there was a lot of annoyance to be had when one thought of the holidays. But it was usually offset by the generous acts and true kindness of others that could be found by those who always upheld those values.

“Oh, I get it. Sorry for digging that up,” I apologized with a nervous kick of my hoof against the snow, “I just wanted to make sure I knew what was wrong, and why you preferred to have a more...whimsical holiday.” I shot her a wide grin as something came to me. “If that’s the case, then I’ll make sure this is your most wacky, spontaneous holiday yet.”

She looked at me with those adorable, yet worried eyes of hers. “That’s...so sweet. But you don’t need to do so much…”

I waved my hoof downwards to deny her claim “I won’t hear it. You’ve done so much for me that it’d be inconsiderate if I didn’t return the favor in some way. You’re easily one of the most important ponies in my life. And I want you to be happy…”

There was a slight blush on her cheeks. I could tell that she secretly desired to be waited on. And it was a desire that I was going to fulfill one way or another. “If you’re absolutely sure,” she replied, “I don’t want you to overwork yourself. This whole getaway is meant to help you not feel stressed out, don’t forget,” she added with a teasing wink.

I shook my head with an equally coy smirk. “You know me. I’ll find different ways to accomplish what I’m after. For now, let’s--”

“GOOD EVENING SIRE’S HOLLOW!”

I was violently interrupted by a loud, yet somewhat familiar voice that boomed over the horizon via a megaphone. Everyone’s heads turned their attention to the main gates of the town where a certain unicorn mare entered with lots of support from behind.

On a sleigh that was being pulled by Troubleshoes, Vinyl Scratch had appeared! The strong stallion pulled her into the town. The interior contained Vinyl herself who sat upon a loaded sack of what appeared to be gifts? I wasn’t entirely sure, but something was about to happen.

Also, I didn’t expect Vinyl to even make an appearance at such an event. I thought she had retired.

The white unicorn mare went on. “This is the time of year in which we should all consider what we have to be thankful for.” The crowd started to surround her and formed a fully fledged audience--same as before with Rara. She continued. “A super long time ago, everypony was at each other’s throats about what they should and shouldn’t do for each other. Earth ponies and growing food, pegasi and controlling the weather, and unicorns that raised the sun and moon. But over time, they realized that their survival depended on cooperation instead of annoying the heck out of each other. So to celebrate that bond we’ve formed among ourselves and all creatures, we’re gonna make this the most bumpin’ Winter Festival ever made! And with that, comes a very special guest...”

The crowd cheered as Vinyl made her speech. Though the cries slowly died down once they started to wonder just who this special individual was.

“Please welcome the one and only super dope dragon, Ember!” Vinyl pointed to the sky.

Indeed, Ember would swoop down in an epic fashion. Her claws were full as she carried something along with her. “Hey every...pony? Is that right? Right! I wanted to bring a special gift to show how much I appreciate all of you and your adorable little pastel faces!” She tilted the items she had forward. In a bunch of bags, she had mistletoe-shaped gemstones that were carved to perfection. “Line up! Everypony is free to take one!”

The crowd followed their directions excitedly. And I had to admit, it was extremely unexpected to see Ember return in such a way.

As she stood next to me, Cheerilee even commented on how astounded she was. “Wow...what a spectacle. Just how did Cozy manage this, I wonder.” She added with even more cautious excitement in her breath.

“Quite the spectacle indeed,” Stellar Flare stated as she approached us, “That child of yours has saved me so much trouble. I wanted to thank you both personally for her help.”

Cheerilee shot her a smile. “Oh don’t thank us. It was Cozy’s tactical thinking that allowed these events to come to pass. Right, Pale?”

I nodded in agreement. I wanted no part of that praise. “Indeed. We simply assisted her in the ways of which she should make use of her technical know-how. In the end, it was all her.”

The aged mare giggled, and approached me a bit closer. “Well even so. If there’s anything that I can do to thank you, just say the word.”

From behind me, I could almost hear Cheerilee scoff.

But I gave it some thought, and decided to make use of this offer. “Oh? Well in that case…”

Once I made my special request to her, Stellar happily obliged. “Ooh that sounds adorable! I’ll make sure it gets done right away. Until then, you two can stay for as long as you need until you have to return to work.”

Now that was something I could appreciate. “Thank you very much, ma’am.”

“You have our dearest thanks,” Cheerilee added, “We’ll make use of our time wisely.”

“As you should. Don’t be afraid to express your love for each other. You’re both young, healthy ponies compared to little old me. And by the way...the walls are very thick,” she shot us both a wink and turned to head back to her office. “Goodbye for now!”

We both waved, and Cheerilee shot me a confused stare. “Thick walls? What does that have to do with anything?”

To be quite honest? I wasn’t sure either. Unless...no, that couldn’t be it. “I’m not sure. Anyhow, I needed to see just what--”

Yet again I was cut off, but by a similar voice from a pony that trotted past me and spoke loudly enough for me to hear.. “...Viper. I need to speak with you. Meet me inside the hotel lobby in about five minutes.”

Again? Gah. Just what could it be now? I looked at Cheerilee. “Did you hear that?”

“Yes...are you going to follow them?” she asked with hesitation.

“...The lobby is fairly packed, so an attempt on my life would be foolish,” I replied as I thought it over. “Plus, I think I already know who it is.”

She tilted her head. “Oh? Who?”

“Candymare.”

PreviousChapters Next