• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 330: It Looks Amazing!

In the backyard…

“So hun,” Cheerilee looked up at me, “What would you like to do for our honeymoon? We don’t have to go anywhere special. We can enjoy ourselves right here at home if you’d like.”

Oh yeah. I had almost completely forgotten about that. I wasn’t exactly prepared to travel anywhere. Especially after just having finally settled down with Cheerilee and gotten the documents for Cozy’s adoption finalized. Too many sunk costs that would only lead to nowhere.

“...You read my mind, honestly,” I replied with a smooch to her forehead. “Being here with you is easily the most enjoyable thing I could experience. We don’t necessarily need to go anywhere to express our love for each other. You know?”

“Oh, I fully agree,” she said sweetly, “We have all the time in the world for each other. Not to mention our whole lives are going to be happier because of it. As you said, now we’re more motivated to come home alive.”

I chuckled at the thought of Cheerilee being threatened. “You’re a tutor--easily the best one around. Who’s going to try and harm you?”

“I’ve dealt with quite a few parents who’ve threatened me over the grades I give their kids,” she explained, “And you know what I did?”

“Set the record straight?” I took a guess.

“Well, yes. But for those who refused to properly listen to what I had to say, I kicked their child out. I have no time for parents who are unwilling to cooperate with me. It is my job to teach, not babysit and coddle someone who won’t do their work.” She paused, and looked at me with an apologetic frown. “...Sorry, baby. I got a bit off-track there, didn’t I?”

To be frank, I kind of enjoyed listening to her talk. Especially when it comes to our work. But for the moment, I wanted her to relax and enjoy herself away from the stresses that came with such things.

“It’s alright,” I replied, “We’ll have plenty of time to communicate about what makes us rage about our jobs once our wedding is over. Besides, we haven’t even cut into our cake yet.”

“...That’s right. Speaking of which, where is it? I remember Pinkie said she was working hard on baking it. So hard that she didn’t want anypony to see it before it was ready.”

I rolled my eyes. There was no way to comprehend the baking philosophy of such an...artistic pony. “Whatever she’s doing, I hope it’s nothing too outrageous. That’s what worries me the most here.”

And before long, my prayers were finally answered.

I watched as Cozy led Pinkie into the backyard. The latter pulled in the cake that was on a cart--yikes! It was practically as big as my back door! Just how was she going to unload it without any problems?

“...Oh my,” Cheerilee muttered under her breath, “That certainly is...big.”

I could only respond with, “...no kidding.”

It stole the attention of pretty much everyone in the room. And Pinkie would quickly unveil it, and set it up all in one go.

ZIP!

In an impossible blur of pink, the cake was propped up one one of the empty tables. A tall, five-tiered wedding cake complete with white buttercream, frilly piping decorations that looked like wonderfully flowing curtains, and an elegant topper that looked just like Cheerilee and myself! Pinkie really outdid herself with this one.

And I could tell from just how tired she looked.

“...Pinkie, this is amazing,” I complimented the sheer quality of the cake as I walked up to it, “Thank you so much.”

To my surprise, Pinkie’s first response was to hide a yawn. “...Ah, don’t worry. It was...worth it for such an important wedding. I just...I need to go lie down.”

“...You can rest here if you want,” I offered, “No need to force yourself to--”

In those few seconds, Pinkie had fallen asleep standing up.

I waved my hoof in front of her face, and tried to get her attention. “...Pinkie?”

Applebloom walked up next to her. “Ah got this. Ah’ll make sure she gets home safely.”

“Good. We wouldn’t want anything to happen to her.”

As she left with Pinkie, I could hear microphone feedback from the DJ stand where Vinyl had erected her stuff. Was someone already ready to say a few words for us?

PreviousChapters Next