• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 245: Warning Sirens

Okay, okay. If you’re like me, then you’re probably thinking that that was a lot of information to try and process at once. And you’d be right. To be perfectly honest, I had no idea how or why the Equestria Girls decided to show up at this hour. Fortunately, Sci-Twi would get me up to speed with a rather concise explanation.

“Well…”


About 12 hours ago. In the ‘Human’ World…

I was asleep as always. After doing lots of...experimentation--I had a tendency to get tired and binge eat before I conked out. But that’s when tragedy struck.

“TWILIGHT!”

“AGH!” I fell out of my bed and right onto my face. I could have sworn it was like, six in the morning or so? “...Sunset, what’s going on?”

She opened her journal which contained a message from Princess Twilight--the one from this world. Her eyes were bloodshot with a shivery panic. “We have a serious problem. One that I kind of predicted but didn’t actually think would happen.”

I stood up and tried to calm her down with some kind words. “Slow down, Sunset. I’m right here. Take your time and explain yourself.”

Sunset took a deep breath, and started to show me the message. “Right here. ‘I regret to inform you that my world is going to be under attack soon by the infamous Grogar. I’m sorry, Sunset. But I’m going to need your help. If this threat grows large enough, it could seep into your world and hurt all of your friends as well.’” Once she read it out loud, she stopped, and closed her book. “We need to go back there. Equestria is where I grew up and...while I don’t have the most pleasant of memories there, it’s still something I…”

I put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her. “Don’t trouble yourself, Sunset. I’m with you every step of the way. We’re just going to need some backup.”

“I don’t think all of our friends should travel with us to Equestria,” she replied with a small sigh, “If something were to arise while we’re gone, then we’d be in deep trouble.”

“Hmmm…” I grabbed my fidgeting pen and twirled it between my fingers. It helped me think in moments like these. “Aha. I got it. I know just who we should ask for help.”

Sunset leaned forward. “You do? Who?”

About 6 hours later....

In short, I managed to convince Sunset that we needed to get help from the Sirens. They were old. Like, really old. Old enough to have fought against Starswirl. If anybody knew how to deal with ancient threats, it was them.

“Twilight, is this really a good idea? Do you think they’ll be willing to help us?” Sunset asked me as we walked down the street.

I had already sent a text to my world’s Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie to let them know that we were gonna head out and that they needed to keep their eyes open for any crazy inter-dimensional magic.

“Of course they will. They helped us out before, didn’t they? Plus, they’ll be more than willing since we know that Pale is involved.”

“Oh yeah! That’s right, I wonder how he’s been since we last saw him…”

We got to their place. An apartment complex at the edge of town. We got up to their floor, and made a few mistakes along the way before we finally found the correct one. I knocked on the door, and we were greeted with Adagio who was dressed in yoga pants and a sports bra. Huh. Guess there were folks who used their gym memberships.

She was just as surprised as we were when we told her that we essentially needed the assistance of her and her sisters to eliminate a threat to all of Equestria and possibly our world as well.

“Wait...you need our help with something that massive? Unabashedly?” the eldest siren asked, “Um…”

“A-Dawg, who’s at the door?” the annoyed voice of another girl called out--only for Aria to appear, and wedge her way in the doorway moments later. “You guys? What do you want?”

Lastly, Sonata appeared behind them for a brief moment before she jumped upon Adagio’s shoulders to set up an involuntary piggy-back ride. She was still in her taco-patterned pajamas to boot. “Hiiiii! What’s happening up here? I heard noises!”

Sunset cleared her throat, and got to the explanation.

“...and that’s why we need your help. Your ancient singing powers still work in Equestria and could possibly be the only thing we can use against a being this strong,” she finished it off with a plea. “So...do you think you’d be willing to help out?”

“Hm,” Adagio folded her arms, then shrugged her shoulders. “Eh. Why not? I suppose we have nothing better to do. And I’ll be honest--I’m mostly interested in visiting our detective friend again. What was his name again? Pale...something...”

“Pale Vestige,” Aria corrected her sister, “And yeah. I wanna see if he’s made progress in doing whatever the heck he said he was gonna do to ‘unify the common ponies’ or whatever. If he needs our help, then we can’t just ignore it.”

Sonata gave her thoughts last. “Yeah what they said. Abandoning your friends would be super lame. Especially since it’s a friend we just made about a year ago!”


And that was the end of Sci-Twi’s explanation of the events that led up to the sirens’ cooperation to return here.

“I see...well I appreciate your assistance, everyone. But I need to get back in there as soon as possible. Lightning Dust won’t last long…” I stood up, and dusted myself off.

Sunset kept her magical barrier going, and actually urged me to stay put. “...Hang on for a bit, Pale. Give her a chance. At least until Rainbow Dash shows up with the Wonderbolts.”

As much as I wanted to defy that offer...I had to accept it. Lightning Dust was still locked in a fierce battle against Elytra. If she could manage for this long, then why would I intervene against an enemy I was almost destroyed by?

It hurt me to think that, but I had to be realistic.

PreviousChapters Next