• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 284: Round 5

I suppose it truly was hopeless at this point. Grogar was a creature so deeply rooted in the idea of his own reality, that he was unable to even consider the fact that others may want to live their own lives and choose their own fates. He did not look like it, but he had gone mad with power. Not in the traditional chaotic way, no...mad in a far worse sense.

He refused to look at any other perspectives, and was dead set on the fact that he was in the right and all those who disagreed. It was like he was brainwashed by his own mind. And he wanted to be the one to lead some kind of new era? This would be worse than living under someone like Tirek! At least in that scenario, I could fight back.

But no, I won’t allow that to come to pass here. Not today.

“Fine then. I’ll--”

BLAM!

Something...I had no idea what, but something suddenly struck me from the side and sent me for a tumble across the non-existent skyfloor.

“Urgh...what the hell was that?” I mumbled to myself as I tried to look up.

But before I could get an answer, I was picked up by yet another force that I couldn’t see, and thrown against an invisible wall with my back firmly planted against it. And then…

“AGHAAAAGHHH!”

I had no idea where it came from. But something had started to impale my body through my thigh, and snaked its way upwards until I could feel my liver being probed into. It felt like a hot chainsaw that was already revved up had manifested within my body.

“Sleep...it’ll all be over soon,” I could hear Grogar mumble to me.

Yet again, he tried to put me out of my consciousness. By forcing so much pain into my body that my systems would become overloaded and shut down. Diabolical. I’d rather he just try and kill me outright. At least then, he wouldn’t waste his time.

With a thud I dropped onto the invisible floor next to Grogar and clutched my chest. That’s when I realized that the sensation I had felt moments prior wasn’t real! It was an illusion just as I had predicted. But what Grogar was unaware of was my pesky tendency to not stay down.

I heard his hoofsteps approach me in a tentative fashion, followed by his voice.

“...Are you awake, Pale?”

I didn’t respond immediately. I knew Grogar would want to make sure that I was completely conked out before he moved onto Cozy next, but little did he know: I wasn’t out of it just yet. Thus, I was able to use that to my advantage.

As Grogar trotted up to me, I controlled my magical signature. I repressed my own aura hard enough to give off the impression that I had been completely knocked out cold, but not on the brink of death. Which is exactly what he had been hoping for…

“Hm...it worked,” he said with a rather convincing tone of acceptance, “...Shame. But that’s one less thing I need to worry about. Now to handle the child…”

Even with my magical signature suppressed, I was absolutely not prepared for what was about to happen next…

POOF!

In a flash of what looked like blue fire, Cozy appeared on the airborne battlefield. But something was different--dare I say, wrong about her.

“Golly gee willikers!” the mare exclaimed as she stepped forward, “You really had your work cut out for you, old man!”

“Oh?” With a reaction like that, he was either unamused or unimpressed. “You decided to save me the trouble and chose to end this all yourself, hm? I can respect that. But tell me one thing. One thing before this is all over: Why?”

“What do you mean, sir?” she asked with an overtly sweet tone to feign innocence.

Once again, Grogar didn’t acknowledge the face or voice she put on. Instead, he went on with his questions as if this was any other casual conversation.

“Why do you fight so hard for this stallion--and all the others who once shamed you and put you away? Don’t you wish you could fix this world so nopony else has to endure what you or I did?”

“The problem with that is that it’d be super hypocritical, silly!” her tone grew even more childish. As if she had developed backwards. Just what was going on?! “Besides, I don’t think you’d like to live in a fake world forever like you’re trying to make everyone else…”

Grogar snorted, and looked at the ground--hundreds of yards below us, “Unfortunately...I would consider it a necessary evil.”

Cozy’s wings, voice, and eyes turned demonic in an instant. She blitzed, and overpowered Grogar with a chokehold in a flash. “...Why don’t I show you how necessary it is?”

PreviousChapters Next