• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 314: My Tale

“...Five years,” I said, “And that was just one of many conflicts you were wrapped up in, I’d imagine.”

Rights provided some clarity on that. “Actually it was more like six or seven, but you know how the papers are--always looking for a solution to be found as fast as possible. Kinda had to go along with it, ya know?”

“Even so, that’s incredible. No wonder things got better in Chicoltgo.” I was truly in awe and on the edge of my seat. At some point, I actually wanted to visit that place so I could get a feel for how things have improved. Her stories really intrigued me. “You know, ma’am….writing a book or two based on your exploits could be a very cool thing. Just think of how many lives your stories could change if others were able to read about them.”

The older mare coughed, and almost retched at the idea. Was it really that bad? “Ack! Ahem--well...I’ll certainly give it some thought. Not really sure about how I feel knowing I put myself out there for others to learn from. Yes, it could potentially change lives, but it’d make me feel a bit...self-important. As if I’m putting myself up on a pedestal, you know?”

I did know. And at that moment, I started to understand where my own mentality regarding praise came from. Even though we had been apart for quite a while, many of Rights’ tendencies still rubbed off on me somehow.

“I understand completely,” I replied, “And respect your decision. I’m just glad that everything managed to work itself out in the end.”

“Well, that was one of many stories,” she stated with a chuckle, “I’ve got loads more. But yeah, that was easily the biggest one that kept me away for so long. So I want to formally apologize to you for essentially abandoning you, Pale. I just hope that you didn’t endure any craziness at the Academy while I was gone…”

That was an understatement. Loads of things happened--many of which I’d have to save for a later date lest we be there the entire day.

“Oh no, actually…I really enjoyed my time there. Quick, Cork, and I all became friends and we generally stuck by each other.”

Rights then pressed me on something else. “...Okay. But I noticed that, according to the records of the Academy, you had left when you had turned 20 years old. Why is that?”

Ah yes. My own personal history with the Officer’s Academy was a rather short-lived one. In essence, I had arrived there when Ms. Rights took me in at fifteen years old. Over the five years I studied there, I learned various tactics and skills. Combat, weapons techniques, how to deal with the various monsters that plagued Equestria, and how to engage locally with civilians. However, throughout that time I slowly became less and less interested in fighting creatures akin to SMILE. So once I had graduated, instead of pursuing a career there, I decided to start up my own base of operations in a little town at the heart of Equestria...Ponyville.

And to my surprise, Quick Draw and Corkscrew both wanted to join me.

“...It was strange,” I went on, “I couldn’t fathom why they actually wanted to join me. That is, until I heard their reasoning…”


15 Years Ago…

On my graduation day, I had already had my stuff packed from my dorm and got ready to move out. But to my surprise, my roommate, Corkscrew, had done the same.

And Quick Draw had walked across the campus to let me know her intent also.

“Hold on, for real?” I asked, “You guys really wanna join me in Ponyville and leave the city behind?”

Corkscrew, even back then, had this hopeful look on his face. He always wore his favorite Manehattan buckball team jersey and cap with this determined look in his eye. It made me want to protect him as if he were my own brother. “Damn straight, buddy! I’m right with you on your idea. Monsters are one thing, but ponies are way different. Right, Quick?”

Quick Draw used to look vastly different also. Braces and a set of thick-rimmed glasses rested upon her face due to how much she liked to read. And a set of red bows in her hair that you wouldn’t catch the current Quick dead wearing. “I concur! Ponies and other various creatures can be worse than any mindless monster out there. I wanna help you out so folks like my dad won’t control everything.”

And me? Well, as I looked in the mirror I saw myself. A young earth pony stallion with nothing by a blue letterman jacket that befitted a college student’s look. The Academy had done a lot for me, but I was prepared to move on and start anew on my own four hooves.

With my friends at my side, of course.

“...Alright, then, guys,” I said to them both, “Today, we start up our new agency! With blackjack!”


Rights looked at me with a spaced-out facial expression. As if I had grown another head. “...Did you really say that?”

“...Maybe.”

PreviousChapters Next