• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 285: Round 6

“Ack...wait...what?! How did you…?” the ram mumbled through his struggle. “....acquire this power? Just what did you do?”

Hold on--wait a minute. I started to feel it more strongly this time around. Was that raw Chaos Magic? Did she really absorb Discord’s power? But how...and beyond that, just how was she in such control over it?! Last I remembered, when Pinkie Pie tried to control Discord’s power, she lost her mind within a few seconds. But Cozy? It’s like she had tamed the ultimate beast…

But curiously enough, she didn’t actively use the power of Chaos. At least not yet. From what I gathered, it was like she wanted to scare him…

The fear of death is indeed worse than death itself.

Cozy giggled with a rather demented smile. “When you know your way around all forms of magic, you start to become smarter and smarter until everypony else takes you for granted. Then you strike back out of nowhere! Know what that’s like? Huh?”

“Tch...you...you don’t deserve this power,” Grogar sputtered helplessly, “You’re still a child with no comprehension of what you’re doing to this world.”

“It sounds like you don’t fully understand this world either, mister!” she replied amicably, “Thinking that you can just waltz up and do whatever you want without anyone to say or do anything in return. It’s so cute how arrogant you are!”

The ram huffed with as much gusto that he could muster. “What--?! Arrogant? Me? How dare you make such a claim when you know nothing of what I have experienced! My entire existence has been complete torture thanks to the whims of some prissy unicorn! That is true egocentric behavior. What I am doing is nothing of the sort!”

By this point, Cozy decided to drop him to let him free, but did not allow Grogar to make any sudden moves. Her foreboding presence alone was enough to make him cringe in fear.

“Aw, really? Because it sounds like that’s what you’re doing here by stripping away the free will of all these innocent creatures. Is someone like that really meant to be in a position of power? Sounds super hypocritical, sir!”

The ram was at a loss for words. Since the first time we had met him, he had finally gotten quiet and was unable to reply with any sort of snappy or witty remarks.

And that was the exact opening that I needed.

In a flash, I got off the ground and charged forward. Before Grogar even realized I was there, I already had him pinned to the transparent floor, and held onto his hooves in order to restrain him.

“What’s the matter?” I asked, “Suddenly can’t think of anything to say when you’re cornered, hm?”

“Argh...can’t you see what you’re doing?” he grumbled.

I tilted my head with a glare of mock-confusion. “Really? What could you possibly mean this time?”

“I want to change the world for the better,” he went on, “In order to do that, I have to stop everyone from potentially continuing the cycle. Even if you kill me, then you still have to endure the endless torment of other beings of Chaos and Harmony trying to counteract each other for the sake of their own survival and entertainment. Is that what you want? A world that can never know true peace?”

I resisted the urge to spit on him after that statement. The concept of ‘true peace’ was a false narrative conducted by those who wanted to control absolutely everything for themselves. There was no such thing.

“Enough with that. You know as well as I do that such a thing can only exist under a singular controlling power. There can be no justice so long as laws are absolute. The sooner you recognize that we all have the right to choose, then the better off we’ll all be.”

He let out another hoarse chuckle and continued. “...Hmph...seriously? You don’t mind that your entire livelihood is based around the suffering of others? Wouldn’t you rather live in a world where crime didn’t exist?”

I narrowed my eyes and held him down with a bit more force to keep him from trying anything funny. “...You really think it’s possible, huh? Okay then…” I looked up at the kid. “Cozy. Let’s show him exactly the kind of world he wants to create.”

His eyes shot open with a mild sense of panic. “...What? What do you mean??”

Cozy clapped her hooves with that unstable ear-to-ear smile of hers on full display with jagged teeth. “...With pleasure, pops!”

PreviousChapters Next