• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 309: Heading Home

“Well then you’re in luck,” Cheerilee said, “Our wedding is going to be the best one ever. Mainly because it’s going to be much more organized than the average one.”

“Really?” Flurry asked with an innocent look on her face. “I guess that makes sense. I heard that my mom and dad’s wedding was really insane. And from the rumors I’ve heard around the empire, the average wedding seems to be pretty massive when both sides of the family show up. Luna forbid if anyone makes a scene or disapproves of the marriage…”

Yup. Just like myself and many others--Flurry only had a vague idea of what marriage was actually like thanks to the vocal minority and its gossip as well as popular culture. I guess it would be a good learning experience for her.

Still, I had to make things clear.

“...So long as it’s just you,” I stated, “We’re trying to keep a limit on the amount of guests in attendance.”

Flurry nodded. “Oh no, I completely get that. Pound Cake is probably gonna help Pinkie with the catering, so that’s pretty much my plus-one right there.”

“Well that’s just adorable!” Cheerilee squealed, “If you happen to catch the bouquet, you’ll be a very lucky couple indeed!”

“While that’s very nice of you to say, I already know who I’m gonna end up with,” Flurry replied, “I’ll more than likely allow Cozy to catch it if it’s headed our way.”

From behind her, I could see Ms. Rights exiting Cozy’s house at the end of the road. This was finally my chance to speak with her.

Without thinking, I essentially bailed on the conversation. “Oh right, um...see you there!” And with that, I dashed on ahead.

At the same time, I could hear Cheerilee’s voice call out to me. “Pale?! Ah...my apologies, Flurry. There’s something that just came up.”

“Oh, I understand. Don’t worry.”

As soon as she turned the corner, I managed to finally catch up to that cyan earth pony mare.

“...Miranda. I--”

She turned to me, and sighed. “Yeah...I know. You wanna talk to me before you get married in order to get fully clarified on some things.”

I stood there, a bit dumbfounded. “...How did you--”

“Kiddo, you know I can essentially tell what others are thinking based on their eye, tail, and thigh movement,” she placed a hoof on my head and pat me as if I were still a colt, “You can’t hide much from me when it’s that obvious.”

“I...yeah…” I didn’t know how to respond, honestly.

That’s when Cheerilee finally arrived, and upon seeing us, she decided to back out. “...Do you two need some time to yourselves?”

“If that’d be alright with you,” Rights said, “I just wanna catch up with my boy before he becomes your boy.” She shot me a rather patronizing, wide grin.

Naturally, I was embarrassed that she’d even say something like that so comfortably. “...Miranda, why--”

Cheerilee did her best to stifle her laughter, but I could tell that she was at least somewhat amused. “Oh--well, I’ll head on home for the moment. The Mayor is still helping us decide what we’ll do, so I’ll make sure everything goes well.”

“...Thanks, sweetums,” I placed a kiss on Cheerilee’s cheek right before she left.

As she walked away, Rights let out another sigh--a longer one at that. “Ah...you’ve finally found someone that cares for you more than I did, eh?”

“I have, ma’am. I have,” I turned to face her, “But let’s...not beat around the bush any longer. I just want to know the truth.”

There was a sense of emotionless passion that filled the air where Rights stood. It was if she knew that her answer wasn’t an easy one to give. “...Take me to your home first. There’s a lot to discuss, and I’d rather not say it in public.”

PreviousChapters Next