• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 265: Luster's Plea

One thing I neglected to mention was just how little in the way I allowed emotions to overtake me at that point. At a time like this, inner feelings of fear and hatred against your enemy wasn’t the priority. My priority was the future. The future of all of our offspring, and enabling the forthcoming generations to stick up for themselves without feeling pressured.

“Yes,” I said, “I’m fully aware of how much power you hold in this situation. But that won’t stop me.” I shook my head. “I’m not going to cower in fear of the position that someone else holds. If you want to alert Twilight of my plans, then go right ahead. I’m not going to stop you. However, let me ask you something, Dawn.”

She looked at me, and replied, “...What is it?”

“If someone makes a mistake. A mistake that they had no way of comprehending the ramifications of at the time of committing it, do you honestly think they should spend every single moment of every single day suffering from it in order to repent?”

Luster Dawn looked up at the ceiling with a conflicted expression. I knew very well that she had been taught the ways of friendship by Twilight--as well as Sunburst and Starlight. However, to be blunt--the real world hadn’t hit her yet. There was no way one could deal in absolutes when it came to certain predicaments.

“I...well,” she looked at the floor, shuffled her hoof, then looked up at me, “I’m not exactly sure. I haven’t been in that sort of situation yet. So I honestly couldn’t tell you what I’d do if I came across somepony like that.”

I nodded. “That’s alright. I expected as much. You’re still young and learning how the world operates. As I said before, there isn’t really much my words can do to convey my intent. You’re just going to have to wait and watch what I do to truly understand what my goals are.” I took a step forward, “Can you do that for me, miss?”

Dawn sighed, and turned away from me. “...what they said was true. You really are an impossible case to crack.”

“They who?” I asked.

“Eh? Oh nothing.” Luster Dawn turned and headed for the door, “Do your best out there, sir. So long as you know what you’re doing, then I have nothing to worry about.”

I showed her to the door, and opened it. The pink unicorn exited my home, and trotted off into the night until she disappeared.

Once I knew she was gone, I groaned to myself.

“Gah...that’s the exact problem. I really don’t know what I’m doing half the time until I get right into the heat of a situation…”

If I was a drinker, then my home would have been overflowed with beer cans in the recycle bin that night. The stress was killing me, but I needed to get to sleep as soon as possible.

I had a shower, and flopped into bed. On the nightstand next to my bed, I took a look at a framed photograph. It was of Cheerilee, Cozy, and myself standing together in the snow from this past winter in Sire’s Hollow.

“...damn…”

I started to think about the kid in particular. Just what could happen if Grogar manages to fully take advantage of her body, and use her keen analytical mind to ascend past our understanding. At worst...I could visualize the entire universe being thrown into jeopardy because of it. But the main problem was:

Just what would Grogar do once he had everything he was after?

Fearing the unknown was a common sense aspect among all living things. In this case, Grogar was the ultimate unknown. So much so that Discord--yes Discord himself--was concerned with the possibilities that were afoot.

At the same time, I couldn’t help but wonder about what Neighsay had mentioned. The fact that he apparently knew my parents well enough to hold an extensive conversation with them was something I needed to consider if I ever ran into Miranda Rights again. She would be able to explain to me the finer details because I knew I could trust her no matter what happened.

“Hm…”

In the end, though. I guess there wasn’t much that could be done until the next day. I needed to wait for Discord to let us know what the situation would be like once he and Fluttershy completed their scouting job by the next morning.

Wow. Never thought that would be a phrase I would ever utter.

PreviousChapters Next