• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,278 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,278

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 202: Zebra Lands III

“Okay, Zecora. I’m gonna need you to back me up on this. My idea is simple,” I pointed up at the large belltower. The monolith that overlooked the rest of the town. “I’m going to use my magic to broadcast a single from up there. A signal that can only register to those who are the same as myself--with both pony and zebra blood in their veins.”

“Now that isn’t a bad idea. Your intelligence is showing,” she pointed to the middle of the plaza where many guards had been stationed. “But if we want to make that dream a reality, we have to get going.”

Ah yes. That would indeed be an issue. What kind of city needed guards to constantly defend its edges? Were they always expecting an attack of some sort? Or was there a deeper meaning to it? Regardless, Zecora had an advantage. She could take a stroll through the area, and nopony would bat an eye.

Wait a sec...that was it, right there!

“Alright, Lady Z,” I turned to face her, “I need you to scout ahead. Act natural.”

“Ah, I see,” she replied with a smile, “You know they won’t see any threat from me.”

I nodded. “Too right, madam. Ladies’ first?” I gestured my hoof towards the centre of town with a casual smirk on my face.

This earned a playful roll of the eyes from the older zeb as she trotted out there. This would give me the opportunity I needed.

So I stuck to the shadows. The dark shade of my black coat would allow me to hide more easily. At the same time, I kept a close eye on my surroundings--including Zecora. Just as I predicted. Since she was a regular old zeb, she had no issue with her ability to walk out there for a casual stroll on the town. Good, good.

Nothing out of the ordinary yet. I managed to get closer and closer to that bell tower through my ability to stay hidden in the darkness. The night was tranquil, yet the tension was palpable. I could feel it. A sensation traveled up my spine. As if someone--or something had made an attempt to stalk me through the edge of the town.

“...Show yourself,” I said, “I have no time to waste on someone like--”

But as quickly as I turned to face the threat, it had disappeared. I sensed no more tension in the air. It was as if it had magically disappeared from behind me. Was I off my nut? Were there other forms of magic in play here that I simply didn’t understand? Gah, there was no time for this.

I burned some time just from sneaking around. Enough was enough. I had finally reached the building upon which the belltower was located. I just needed to get up there and send out my magical signal...but that was easier said than done.

I took a peek around the building. Zecora had been chatting up one of the zebra guards. With their attention stolen, now was the perfect time to rise up and strike back. Was it going to be a big risk? Hell yes it was. But I would be damned if I was going to allow my fellow kin to live subservient to arseholes who did nothing of importance. Whether you were a full zebra, a pony, or a mix of the two--no one deserved to be treated as second fiddle.

“Alright then…” I climbed up the side of the building. And by that I meant that I used small bits of my unicorn magic to levitate myself up the side of it while I made use of my zebra magic to mask the signature that I gave off. It was a rather clever I had to admit, even if I didn’t exactly ascend in the most elegant way possible.

“Perfect.”

I landed atop the belltower. There was just enough room for me to stand upon the edifice’s flat top. The bell itself was just beneath me. Now how was this going to work? Twas simple. I would make use of the bell’s ability to force sound to radiate off of itself, combine that with a magic spell, and send out a signal that all the enslaved...blech...half-breeds would hear. And it would be specific to them as well. No one else would be able to hear it.

My horn shone its shade of cyan, but then...that eerie presence returned. The same one from before that had tailed me. Somehow, they managed to get up here without their presence being detected either.

Which meant they weren’t normal.

“Are you going to finally expose yourself, mate?” I questioned the individual that I knew had shown up behind me.

It was the same zebra from before--Kwaade. She appeared before me to likely put a stop to my plan before I could enact it. “You know not of what you do, halfer. If you awaken what is not meant to be, an entire civil unrest can occur. The lives of many will be endangered.”

Fat talk which came from somepony that openly admitted to the fact that she would be more than willing to destroy the lives of others if her superiors deemed it appropriate. But she wasn’t too far gone yet. Part of me sensed some form of sanity within her.

“Can’t you see what your superiors have done?” I turned around and asked, “What they feel is best for one group may not truly--”

She interrupted me with a stomp of her hoof. “Enough. I am going to bring you back into custody for such insurrection. This is your last chance. Stand down, and things will be far less painful than they could potentially become…”

“No way in hell,” was all I said in response. With a flash of my horn, I activated a signal that transcended the entire town. Imperceptible to certain sets of ears--the ones that didn’t have both types of blood running through their veins.

Silence. For what felt like forever. But in reality it was more like five minutes.

And from the corner of my eye, what do I see? A couple, then a few, then a dozen, then many, many ponies who were part zebra came rushing down the hills in the dead of night towards the town square! The stampede was fierce enough to be felt from all the way on top of the tower where we were.

I was ready to scoff at Kwaade until she had me by my tail, clenched hard between her teeth, and hung over the side of the building. I could hear her mutter something despite this.

“Jy sal ly.”

PreviousChapters Next