• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 258: Plan Startup

Cozy stepped forward to ask her friend a few questions. “How is everyone? Are they okay?”

Flurry nodded. “Yeah, they will be, don’t worry. After this, I was gonna go head down to the Cake’s place to make sure Pound and his sister are alright.”

“After you do that, I’d like to ask a favor,” the kid requested, “If you could rally everypony that’s in the general vicinity of the bakery and have them arrive at the Town Hall, that would be great.”

“Hm? That’s not a problem, but what exactly are you planning?” Flurry asked.

Cozy didn’t divulge everything right away. Smart move. Never know who could be listening at any given time. “I’ll tell you everything once we’re there. I have a feeling that we’re getting close to the end of all of this at long last.”

“Alrighty…” Flurry reached out, and put a hoof around Cozy’s neck to pull her in for a quick hug. “I trust your judgement.”

“Thank you...hey, what’s up with your parents? They really let you go off on your own?”

Oh yes. That was something I hadn’t considered at all. Just how dire was the situation in the Empire?

Luckily, Flurry was able to provide an answer to that.

“Yeah about that, they uh...wanted me to come down here and keep the area safe. Apparently they’re more than capable of keeping control of the Empire with their soldiers, so they wanted me to hold down a different part of Equestria.” She paused, and took a look around the hospital. “...and so far, things seem a bit more dangerous than I thought. I don’t want to have to use my full power, but if things get messy…”

“There won’t be a need for that,” Cozy tried her best to comfort her friend, “So long as we have each other, we’ll be fine.”

The mention of her being sent to keep this area safe made me think of two certain other alicorns. “Hey--did your parents mention anything to you about Celestia and Luna? Such as where they may be and whether they’ll be able to fight or not?”

Flurry shook her head. “No...unfortunately not. If I had to venture a guess, I’d wager that Great-Auntie Celestia and Luna are busy with Silver Shoals, and possibly defending the rest of Southern Equestria.”

So they were still nearby, but we were ultimately on our own as a collective whole. Made enough sense I suppose. My--our strategy was going to work whether they were available to help or not.

“Alright,” I replied, “We need to get ready and gather everyone up so we can make our next move. If you wouldn’t mind letting everyone who can still fight know to meet us in the town square, that would be great.”

Flurry let Cozy go, and looked off to her side. “...No promises. It’ll depend entirely on whoever’s able to get up and move.”

“That’s all I can ask for,” I looked at Cheerilee, then Cozy, “Come on, we should get going. Now that we know this place is secure, that’s one less thing we need to worry about.”

Cheerilee chuckled to herself as we trotted out of the hospital. “Ah, this reminds me of the old days--dealing with foals and their worried parents…”


At the Town Hall…

The Mayor had focused entirely on watching over the middle of Ponyville, so my intentions were to use the town’s intercom/siren to call everyone in the area to our location. However, on our way there, I couldn’t help but notice a few things.

Oh rather, a few ponies.

First, there was Fluttershy. Off in the distance, I could see her shout orders at Discord as they tried to relocate as many animals as they could.

“This way!” she cried out, “We’re almost at the Vet’s office!”

Discord cradled what appeared to be various animals--bunnies, otters, beavers, ducks--in both of his arms as he floated along behind her. “Uch. Couldn’t we just poof them there? This seems rather...dramatic.”

From where I stood, I could see her glare daggers right at him as she flew ahead. “No shenanigans. We’re doing this properly without any of your crazy nonsense. Understand?”

The being of chaos didn’t reply. He simply followed her orders with a begrudging look on his face.

POW!

“What the--?!” I flinched, and looked off to the right.

That’s when we saw Limestone Pie. She had been firing off her homemade rock cannon at various demons that still lingered, and tried to attack others. “This is what you assholes get for hurting my sister!” she shouted as she fired off another rock that exploded as it made contact with a demon’s body, which in turn disintegrated them.

“Oh my,” Cheerilee muttered, “Were Pinkie’s sisters always so...rough?”

I had no clue whatsoever how to answer that. “Um…”

SHING! SLASH!

Once again, I was interrupted. Before I could finish my sentence, I heard the slinging and cutting power of various weapons nearby.

Turns out, both Silverstream and Terramar had arrived on the scene. Now actively fighting alongside us with various other Hippogriffs in tow.

Just how many folks had decided to turn up on this day?

PreviousChapters Next