• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,302 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,302

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 240: Singer's Struggles

Coloratura had appeared. No fancy frills or outfits. Just there in her most natural self. She flat out ignored the crass, low-brow insults directed at her, and pressed the stallion for questions. “Where is Applejack? I know she’s alive.”

“Oh, I’ll get to that!” he slowly made his way towards her with a small amount of anxious pep in each step denoted by the way he held back furious giggles. “Hehehe--but first, what about you? You’re looking as wonderful as ever. Did you really come all the way out here just for me?” he put a hoof to his chest with his smug snake of a smile on full display.

Did he not realize that I was the one who summoned her in the first place? My god, how dense.

Rara feigned a gag motion to reflect how disgusted she was, but she stood her ground with her words. “Blech. If you’re not gonna tell me, then I’ll just have to find her myself. And if you get in my way, there will be serious consequences, mister,” she said with a glare that could bore holes into steel.

And yet, the fool refused to be swayed by her words. In fact, he actually decided to comply--what? “Hold on a second. I can show you where she is. She’s still alive! In perfect condition, even!”

“Oh really? Show me,” she challenged with a stomp of her hoof, “Bring me Applejack’s body right now. And she better still be breathing.”

Svengallop fell for it rather easily. Though to be honest, I wasn’t quite sure what ‘it’ was, per se. I’m glad she wanted to make sure that Applejack was okay, but what exactly was her goal here?

That’s when I looked up to see Applebloom at my side. She had skid to a stop, likely from having leapt away from the massive amount of melee from those other demons. She popped the corks off of two potions--one aquamarine, one pink. “Here, drink this.”

I simply opened my maw, and allowed her to pour the contents into me. I could only assume it was something medicinal because I slowly started to feel the pain and soreness of that battle lessen over time. I wasn’t being healed completely, but it’d be enough to continue the battle.

“Alright now hold still, partner…” As for the pink potion, Applebloom dumped the liquid directly onto my injured hoof that was bitten into from earlier. “Okay. Now lie low like ya ain’t moved--when he comes back, then ya spring a surprise attack on him.”

Before I could get a word in, Applebloom retreated to the battle on the other side of the path where Cheerilee and Babs were. If this was part of some grand plan, then I had no choice but to play my part properly.

Soon, Svengallop would return with the body of Applejack in his hooves--much to the chagrin of Coloratura, who likely wanted her out of his nasty clutches.

“Seeeeee?” he said in a rather forcefully adoring tone, “She’s not hurt.” He placed her on the ground, and actually tried to negotiate with her. “Now about you...why don’t you--”

“Give me a second, would you?” Rara ordered the demon that she seemingly had tamed with her words. She took a few steps forward, and knelt down next to Applejack to check on her.

From where I was, it sounded as if they whispered to each other. But I couldn’t exactly hear the words that had been exchanged between them.

Ever the impatient one, Svengallop interrupted them. “Ahem! So, now that I’ve shown you that she’s perfectly fine, what say you give all of this up and we can leave this place. Heck, I’ll even call off the entire army so we can go in peace!” he offered with a sadistic inflection in his voice.

In a rather eerie twist, Rara would seemingly try to appeal to his request. “Hmm...alright. First, call off the other...demon thingies and then we’ll talk.”

Ohhh. I started to see the baseline of her plan. This woman had quite the set of balls on her to do something like this.

And Svengallop was forced to weigh his options. I could see it with how hesitant he was. Deep down, I knew it was because he harbored some sort of sick sense of attraction towards Rara--one that he couldn’t just ignore. It was both gross and sad at the same time.

After careful consideration, and a bit of fidgeting, he relented. “...Ngh...mm...a-alright. Fine….”

With a flash of magic, the rest of the demons that Cheerilee and the others had been in combat with disappeared which left Svengallop alone--in the middle of us all. This was the perfect opportunity for me to get up and strike, however…

From across the dirt path, Coloratura shot me a look. Her eyes were cold as she gave me a stoic, yet subtle shake of her head. Did she want me to stay where I was? This was crazy, but I had to at least let it play out before I jumped the gun and messed everything up. Come on, ma’am...you can do this.

Coloratura took a step forward. “Okay. Now that all of that is out of the way, Svengallop. Talk to me. Why are you so hellbent on this destruction? This isn’t like you at all,” she said with confidence that boomed through the air. “You weren’t exactly the nicest manager, but you never seemed like a pony that would want to destroy the world. So explain yourself.”

The demon stallion took a step back. “W-wait...hold on. I didn’t think you’d actually--”

Rara didn’t back down. She repeated herself with a bit more authority in her voice. “Answer the question.”

PreviousChapters Next