• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 318: A Walk And A Talk

I guess it was a logical step anyways. To go see Cheerilee and check on how she liked her dress. The cake would turn out great because I knew Pinkie was more than capable of delivering something awesome. So I laid my concerns to rest. With that in mind, I guess we could start going ahead and planning the date of the event itself.

“I suppose next week isn’t too bad of an idea,” I said to myself, “Nothing going on then, and that’ll be perfect for--”

And then, out of nowhere, Vinyl Scratch appeared to me from my right. “Hey, dude,” she said as she casually started to trot with me, “Didja guys decide on a date yet, or…?”

I shook my head. “Not yet. That’s actually what I was on my way to do now. Pinkie won’t let me get a look at the cake yet, so I may as well.”

“Ah--yeah, don’t worry about that. I had the exact same problem with Pinkie before. She does this all the time--don’t trip.”

Oh yeah, that was right. Weren’t she and Octavia married? Maybe I could get some advice on how her wedding went.

“Oh--you’re married to Octavia, right?” I asked, “How did the wedding go for you both?”

“Well…” Vinyl rubbed the back of her head with her hoof, bit her lip, and hesitated to answer. It was about a minute or two before she finally replied. “...It’s complicated. Both of our families were there, and it was--well a mess.”

Well that was concerning. Nothing worse than having the newlywed’s families go at it on the big day.

“Er...what happened? If you don’t mind me asking. Did...your families not approve, or--?”

“Oh no, they didn’t mind that part,” Vinyl continued nervously, “It’s more like they just kinda couldn’t stand each other. If I were to explain it in detail, we’d be here all day. But I know yours is gonna turn out much better than mine.”

Ouch. I felt kind of bad for her, but going by the way she quickly glossed over the subject, it would appear that she didn’t want to discuss it very much. Which I respected. It also seemed like she wanted to veer the conversation in another direction anyways, which I happily obliged.

“Really?” I asked, “What makes you say that?”

“Duh,” she scoffed as if I was supposed to already know the answer, “I’m gonna be there with the sickest beats you can imagine. And I’m gonna make sure nothing goes wrong. Even if it kills me--you don’t deserve to have the same crap happen to you that happened to us.”

As much as I appreciated the efforts of a friend like her, I didn’t want her to go that far for me.

“Pfft,” I laughed it off, “Better not let Octavia hear you say that. She’d tear you a new one.”

“Yeah, that’s already happ--I mean, don’t you worry about that!” she quickly denied, “Just make sure you tell me when the big day is so I can get ready. I cleared my entire schedule for the rest of of the month in preparation, and--”

I stopped in my tracks, and cut her off by putting my hoof in front of her face. “...Thank you, but I wouldn’t want Octavia to start worrying about you. I’m sure you work hard enough as is, and she’d like to spend more time with you.”

“...Well...I guess you have a poin--bu--hey! How do you know what she’s thinking?” she deflected and tried to return my question with a question.

I simply put on a grin, and kept walking. “Take a break once in a while. It won’t hurt you.”

Yeesh--she had been at this for longer than I had and was just about the same level of stress. I couldn’t imagine what she and Octavia went through on a daily basis with the unicorn DJ being an agent and working hard. It wasn’t like Lyra and Bon Bon who were also married and did their job together.

All I could do was hope that my time with Cheerilee wouldn’t be strained because of my job.

Eventually, I made my way to her house, and knocked. On the door....


About Ten Minutes Earlier…

“How does it look, girls?”

I had called Scootaloo and Applebloom over to ask them about what they thought about my dress….and my new husband. Having already discussed it with Sweetie Belle, I was curious as to what they thought about it all.

PreviousChapters Next