• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 302: Discussing Parameters

At first I was a bit confused. I figured that Cheerilee would want to finally show to her parents that she found somepony that could satisfy her needs and be a great life partner. So the fact that she actually didn’t want them to attend kind of threw me for a loop.

That is, until she explained herself to me.

“Oops--guess it slipped, didn’t it?” Cheerilee sighed as she sat up in her chair, “Well, I may as well explain myself: See, they were always heavily pressuring me into finding somepony. And when I hadn’t, it became difficult to communicate with them. Every topic of discussion eventually reverted back to it.”

“Yeah, I remember that part,” I replied, “But don’t you want them to see how far you’ve come? How you’ve proved them wrong? That you can find someone that will stick by you despite what they’ve said about your profession?”

As sweetly as ever, Cheerilee simply giggled in response. “Oh you...that’s what I love about you. Always looking to make a statement. But in this case, I find it unnecessary. Sending them an invitation now would be more out of...spite than earnest desire to see them here. I’d just be inviting them to show off what I’ve done and to rub it in their faces. As a sort of ‘ha! Take that mom and dad!’” she pointed her hoof at a random shrub in my backyard as a way to display how she’d go about it. “...But I’m above that. I simply refuse to engage with them any longer.”

You know what? I could respect that. I certainly wouldn't want my parents to show up out of nowhere as if they were owed something just to bask in my success when they barely cared before. Our lives are our own, and we have the right to invite or cut out those from our lives who deserve it. No one was entitled to our livelihoods.

I smiled at her and spoke. “Then I respect your decision, Cheery. You know I love you and won’t let anyone ruin your special day.”

She raised a brow and shot me a coy expression. “Our special day, big boy. Don’t go thinking that this is just some massive even to celebrate me and me only. This is for the both of us. Understand?”

Guess movies and other forms of popular culture such as literary texts had given me the wrong perception of what marriage was supposed to be most important for the bride. And the groom was to be subservient and allow her to make all of the decisions.

Turns out, this wasn’t the case at all.

Quite the opposite in fact, as I started to realize that she essentially allowed me to make decisions on everything. Everything from the music to the dress she would wear. Oh, and the cake! We didn’t even discuss the cake yet.

“Oh, that reminds me,” I said, “What kind of cake do you want?”

“Mm...cherry with mascarpone. It’s always been mine and Blossom’s favorite since we were little,” she replied with a sense of fondness in her voice, “And you?”

It took me a minute because I never thought about having a cake of my own. Hell, I never really worried about cake for my birthday. But since I was able to have input…

“I’ve always been fond of peaches,” I said, “and sunflowers. A nice juxtaposition of sweet and light flakiness of the petals is always delicious.”

Cheerilee nodded and went on to explain how she thought it would work best. “Then we should have a massive cake. One side peach and sunflower--the other cherry and mascarpone. That way, we’ll have our own favorite flavors and have a taste of each other’s!”

I did love myself some cherries. So that was just a win-win as far as I was concerned. “Sounds amazing. Guess we should inform Pinkie about that, hm?” Then my ear flicked as I heard a knock from the front door. “Someone’s here. I wonder who it is…” I got up and left the outdoor table and went back inside through the living room to find the Mayor at our doorstep.

“Hellooooo? Does my favorite newlywed couple have their setup ready~?”

Argh. She was too excited about this.

PreviousChapters Next