• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 244: Anti-Corruption

Their voices became louder. As if they were calling out to me in particular. Their voices pierced into my eardrums with a motivational sort of...chant? I couldn’t exactly piece it together at first.

“Unnus...Santcus...Fortis...Dolor…”

“Come back to Earth and settle the score…”

“Don’t let this hatred strike your heart…”

Wait a minute...what? Those voices. They sounded eerily familiar with their pitch, and vocal mixing. Three, unabashedly elegant voices that dragged me in. But I still couldn’t open my eyes. My memories had been tainted by the visual delusions of Elytra’s abilities. Fear had taken me over, and I could barely think straight.

“I can’t move...or think…” I muttered to myself, “I know what she’s trying to do to me, but I physically cannot...escape it. It’s too strong…”

It was like the whole world had come crashing down in a slow, methodical pace. All around me I could see everything that I ever worked for become a blur in my mind. And by the time I realized the intent...it was too late. As I lied there in the darkness, I felt a substance try and tug on my body. I was being suffocated with some form of magic that I had never come across in my entire life.

“What...what am I? Who am I? Why am I here…?” I started to lose my mind in the most literal way possible. I started to corrode and lose my consciousness to that higher power. With nothing left, all I could do was hope for a swift end. “...You’re...hurting me…”

Then I heard those voices again. This time in an effort to push me through this.

“You know who you are…”

“Your name is carried far…”

“You want the world to change…”

“Pale Vestige. You can do this. Look into your heart and break through the pain…”

That name. Wait. It started to come back to me. But what did it mean? Just who was ‘Pale Vestige’ exactly? An individual who wanted to bring about change to make the world better? Or someone that was in over his head and had no idea what he was doing?

Honestly? At times, it felt like a bit of both.

But in that moment, I had to follow those three melodious voices back to reality. If not, I was certain that I was going to lose everything.

I hung onto my existence by a thread. But then, another voice came about. Loud and clear--one that I had made recent contact with.

“LET! HIM! GO!”

The voice of the new changeling replied with a disgusted groan. “GAH! Why do you bother to fight against me?! You have nothing left! Absolutely nopony wants anything to do with you! You should just give up and drop dead to make things easier on yourself!”

“No...I refuse! Dash is the one who made me realize that life is more than just winning at everything! And the fact that you’ve hurt her sister has essentially marked you for death! When she gets here with the Wonderbolts, you’ll be sorry!”

I heard a few blows land. I couldn’t tell exactly who had been slugged, and who had blocked attacks. But what I did know was that the battle was a fierce exchange of words and sorrow. I could hear every heartbeat, every tear shed, every individual decibel of every word cried out…

“What a riot! Fine then!” the changeling replied with a mighty roar, “Then you can join him in being forgotten! Nothing you do or say here on this day will matter! Nothing!”

All I could hear was Lightning Dust’s cocksure response. “That’s what you think! Girls, get him outta there now!”

POOF!

A wave of newfound life washed over me as I was pulled out of the darkness by force. I was suddenly back in Ponyville’s Square in the middle of the battle where I had been beforehand. And my memories...they started to return. I remembered who I was, and what I had truly been after.

“I’m...alive?” I muttered to myself as I rubbed a hoof against my forehead, “Ow...what the hell was that?”

That’s when a purple unicorn popped into view. “Hey! There’s better places to sleep than on the ground ya know!” Twilight?! No wait...it was a unicorn that looked like Twilight. But she had glasses on?

And to my left, I saw that I had been pulled underneath a yellow magical barrier of sorts. And the one who powered the barrier?

“...Glad we got here in time huh, Pops?” Sunset Shimmer in the flesh--well unicorn flesh.

But I still had loads of unanswered questions. Firstly, just what had happened to me within the darkness? Secondly, what had been going on while I was out.

I opened my mouth to ask something, but the answer I looked for was clear as day right in front of me.

ZZZZZ!

Lightning Dust had fought with everything she had--going as far as electrically charging her own body in order to outspeed Elytra’s magical blasts. A lightning cloak of sorts!

BAM!

She charged right at Elytra who generated a green barrier in the nick of time to stop the angry pegasus. However, Dust refused to relent. Her momentum carried infinitely as she tried to brute force her way through. “Pale helped me realize that there’s more than one way to stand up for myself when others won’t do it for you. And I...won’t waste this chance!”

Elytra didn’t say a word, but she faltered ever so slightly from the force. Was she...afraid?

But that still left me with one more query. “...Girls, who was singing?”

“Oh you’re about to flip your lid, sir,” the purple unicorn affectionately known as Sci-Twi replied. She turned my body to face behind us, and there I saw…

The Dazzlings?! In a half-pony/siren form with scaly tails, still singing?!

HOW?!

PreviousChapters Next