• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 296: Ceremony Part 3

I could tell that everyone was confused, but it was too awkward for them to ask. So I decided to explain it myself.

β€œ...I have officially adopted Cozy Glow,” I explained to everyone, β€œThese are documents which state that Cheerilee and I are now her legal parents.”

From near the front row, a curious Starlight Glimmer would speak up. β€œThat’s...adorable. But what prompted that decision, if you don’t mind me asking?”

β€œThat’s a very good question. And it’s part of the reason why I decided to announce it publicly,” I went on, β€œbecause this is the ultimate turnaround, in a sense. Back when you all first met Cozy, she was--well, I don’t think I need to explain much. You all know how that went down. Instead, I want to focus on how everything improved and the bright future ahead of her. She’s a very smart, plucky mare who has her whole life to look forward to now. Not to mention with loads of friends who support her.”

From the crowd, Flurry Heart suddenly flew up into the air. She was previously seated next to her parents before she essentially made herself known. β€œAnd I’m one of them. Proud of it, too.”

I could see Cadance try to grab onto her daughter’s tail, but Shining stopped her and shook his head. From what I could tell, he must have wanted Flurry to make her case.

And that she did. β€œWith that aside, I’m super happy knowing she has a family now, because I could’ve been in her horseshoes and gone through...some very bad things had it not been for my parents being there for me. Which is why I’m super grateful for them. So Cozy, from the bottom of my heart, I hope you enjoy life with your family. You deserve that much.”

β€œThanks, Flurry,” Cozy replied as she wiped a tear or two from her face, β€œI know that I will.”

Twilight looked to the audience for more words. β€œDon’t be shy, everypony. If you have any questions, feel free to ask--calmly!”

The entire crowd nearly jumped into a frenzy before Discord suddenly appeared on the stage between Cozy and myself.

β€œAh, yes. The power of not only friendship, but family does rule over all, does it not?”

Annoyed, the princess glared at the being of Chaos with a dissatisfied frown. β€œDiscord...don’t you dare--”

A zipper suddenly appeared over Twilight’s mouth due to Discord’s magic. β€œYeesh. Would you allow me to get a word in? I haven’t even spoken yet. Ahem.” A pair of reading glasses appeared over his eyes along with a piece of parchment that unfurled upwards, into the sky, and out of the atmosphere with how long it was--defying gravity in the process. β€œHere it is!” In a split-second, the glasses and paper disappeared, and Discord shook Cozy’s hoof with his bear paw. β€œOn behalf of all the reformed villains. I would like to thank you for doing the impossible.”

Cozy tilted her head, and nervously replied. β€œUhm...what?”

β€œProving to everyone here and around the world that you were capable of empathy, and thus--redeemable. Old Ram-face was a prime example of someone so caught up in their own ideals that he endured a swirling torment of pain and misery until there was nothing left of him…” Discord’s voice trailed off with a rather depressed undertone before he quickly whiplashed back into being excited. β€œBut nevertheless--you have proven me wrong. And stand as a bastion for others like Lightning Dust, the Flim-Flam Brothers, Starlight…”

The unicorn mare whose name was called out last, spoke up to defend herself. β€œHey!”

Discord giggled in response. β€œOh boo-hoo. You know very well what I mean. Just let Cozy have this for a moment, hm?”

Starlight rolled her eyes and slumped back in her seat, to which Sunburst consoled her with a smooch to the head.

Twilight finally removed the zipper from her mouth, and spoke out. β€œErgh...thank you, Discord for that...interesting set of words. Now shoo before you cause any trouble.”

β€œAlright, alright,” Discord mumbled while he donned a performer’s cane and top hat as he exited the stage towards the left, β€œTough crowd, honestly.”

Twilight faced the audience once more with a sigh of relief. β€œDoes anypony else have anything they would like to add--and no, questions from the press are to be saved until the end.”

From the very end of the aisle, a voice called out.

β€œI do. I have a few words to say to them. Especially, little ol’ Pale…”

That voice...could it be??

PreviousChapters Next