• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 256: Tyrant's Last Moments

“Of course I am,” I responded immediately, “I would never lie about something this important to me--to us all. Yes I know that the risks are great, but that’s the point of life. We can’t grow or change as a people if we don’t cooperate with each other, learn from each other, and take the time to cover each other’s weaknesses…”

I glared at Neighsay once more. “You on the other hoof...you simply want to take the fast lane towards the solution. By granting everyone all of this power right away, you feed into their subconscious that makes them desire more and more of it--never allowing them the opportunity to understand it. As a result, this is why you have had an excess amount of test subjects that either die or quit with lasting PTSD. Is that not right?”

The unicorn didn’t address my concerns. All he asked was, “What is your point, then? How do you think your method will serve better in the long run?”

“It’s simple really--inspire everyone with my own actions, and showcase that anyone can accomplish anything.” I pointed at my coat and hat that I had placed on the desk. “That there is just a symbol of my status--for my job.” Then, I pointed back to, and gestured at myself, waving my hoof up and down. “Underneath all of that is just a regular-old pony with a regular-old sense of self. An Earth Pony no less. I don’t have the ability to learn new spells out of a book and fire them off to save the day, nor can I fly or swoop around at breakneck speeds and force the weather to change. I am me. Pale Honos Vestige. And at the end of the day, when they see what I’ve managed to carry out despite not being anything special, they’ll find it in themselves to do the same. I know they will.”

For a moment, a mere split-second, I could see a look of remorse on his face. As if he knew there was at least some truth to my words. Even if we didn’t see eye-to-eye, we could at least see equally on the stance of reason.

Or at least, that’s what I thought it was.

“Hmph,” he scoffed yet again, “How arrogant can you be? To think that the public will follow you and only you? If they haven’t followed the practices of those more powerful--and more interesting--than you, what makes you think you have even the slightest chance of turning heads?”

“...It doesn’t come from a sense of arrogance. It comes from a sense of justice. Something that…” I could have debated with him a bit more on the subject, but I felt as if I had gotten nowhere. Run aground in proverbial circles from that conversation, I resorted to a small sigh. “Gah...forget it. If you really don’t understand my plight, then there really is nothing left I can do. It seems we’re simply two polar opposites that can’t come to an agreement.”

“It would appear to be so,” he shrugged it off, and accepted his fate. At that moment his body started to disappear. “One last thing. It’s about your mother, she--”

I turned around, and refused to listen to him at that point. “I have no mother. Or father,” I replied, “I came into this world alone and troubled. And only one pony came to my aid. A pony that is now missing, but has done more for me than any of my supposed family has: Miranda Rights.”

Before his existence fully faded, Neighsay would chuckle one last time. “...You still believe that to be so, eh? You really are her prized little colt…”

My tail stood up on end. Just how did he speak with her? Did he really? Was that a jest of some kind or was Ms. Rights really…?

POOF!

The stallion exploded into a swarm of harmless magical dust that eventually fizzled out over time. As if he was never there to begin with.

“...Pops…” Cozy approached me with a worried frown. “Do you think what he meant was…?”

I pulled her in close, and nuzzled her cheek like a parent would their child. “It doesn’t matter, kid. I’ve got my family right here with me.” With my free hoof, I beckoned Cheerilee to come over.

To which she obliged, and snuck in on my right side as we all shared a moment of silence together.

But after a bit, I opened my eyes, and realized that we still had four unconscious unicorns to deal with.

“...Oh crap,” I muttered, “How are we gonna get them all to Redheart?”

That’s when a tired set of hooves barreled through the door, followed by panting.

“Agh...whew. Okay, sorry I got caught up, Cozy. I was busy…” Flurry Heart made her appearance, and took a look around the room. Her emotional readings must have been off the charts because her face contorted from tired to concerned in an instant. “...Did I show up at a bad time?”

Cozy shook her head as she let me go. “No. You appeared at the perfect time, Flurry. Can you help our friends? We’d appreciate it if you took them to see Redheart.”

“Got it,” she said as she trotted over to the limp bodies, and got ready to use her magic.

If I had to be honest, part of me felt a bit guilty. There I was, going on about how we shouldn’t rely so much on the alicorns, and yet Flurry Heart made friends with one. Was I hypocritical? Were my points flawed?

“Hmm…” I sighed as I gathered my coat and hat up, and put it back on. We needed to get ready to head to the next location and end this once and for all.

Naturally, Cheerilee picked up on my innermost thoughts, and approached me as I stepped into the hallway. “...Talk to me, dear.”

“It’s...it’s nothing…”

She pouted with a knowing glare. I was lying through my teeth and she could see it.

But before she could say anything else, we were interrupted by Cozy who appeared between us…

“Guys...I found this note on the desk. It’s from Neighsay…”

PreviousChapters Next