• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 307: Rights And Wrongs

“...It’s true, kid. See, not everyone on the force was as amicable or sociable as I am. There were quite a few of them who did anything they could to make sure everything was done ‘by the book’ even if it meant sacrificing one’s integrity.”

I rubbed the side of my head. “I don’t understand...can you explain it a bit more?”

She nodded, and continued. “Basically...my bosses figured I was getting too close to Pale. Which, I have to admit--I kinda was to a fault. Treated him as if he were my own flesh and blood. But my superiors didn’t see it that way. They wanted me to keep away from him…”


About 15 years ago…

“Are you serious?!” I shouted back at my commanding officer, “There’s no way I’m leaving him behind! That boy needs someone in his life to set him on the right track as much as possible.”

“We’re aware,” my commander replied dryly, “Which is why we’re sending him to the officer’s academy. If you accept these terms, we will give him enough hospitality to sustain him as well as a training regimen so he can improve. If not, then we’ll have no choice but to put him up for adoption elsewhere.”

I walked right up to, and slammed my hooves on his desk. “So you want me to take some assignments on the other side of the world just so he can stay here?”

Naturally, he didn’t flinch at all. “I don’t want him overly-dependent on you for emotional support. The child is in a dire state of mind and needs to be able to fend for himself. If he can’t do that, then he may as well never bother walking again.”

Oh how desperately I wanted to flip that desk. But he did have a point. Because of how much I cared for Pale, I knew that he’d take after me like a duckling would its mother. Not that it was a bad thing, but I couldn’t shake the possibility of him growing so attached that he’d never be able to do anything on his own. If that were to happen, I’d flog myself.

So, I made a decision.

“Alright...I’ll take the assignment on one condition,” I said.

My commander was prepared to listen to what I had to say. “And that is?”

“Your daughter. Quick Draw--make sure she’s working with him.”

“...Are you sure that’s a good idea?” he asked, “She isn’t exactly the most sociable…”

And as I turned to leave that room, I shot him the most confident glare I could achieve through my teeth. “Yeah. That’s what I’m counting on, sir.”


It all started to make a bit more sense. That’s also why Quick Draw and Pale were so close. They had known each other for a long time. Almost like a family that wasn’t connected by blood. Amazing…

So that was the reason why she had been absent the entire time? Whoever the commander was, he seemed like he had a real stick up his butt if he essentially tried to gaslight one of his best officers. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

“Ouch…” was all I could say in response, “I never would’ve thought you just had to up and leave because of your job like that…”

Ms. Rights was a bit more relaxed on the subject. She rolled her eyes and spoke freely about her past life. “Nah...I probably should’ve stayed, honestly. I was a little bitch at the time. Afraid of my own system and going against what I thought was wrong when I knew what was right.”

Oh lord. There was no easy way to respond to that. Never before had I heard someone openly berate themselves for making a decision. This must have weighed on her much more than I realized. “Oh, I, uh…”

“Aw lighten up, kiddo,” she said as she tapped me on the shoulder, “The past is the past and I’m making up for my mistakes as best I can. That geezer’s long-since retired now anyways.”

“Well that’s good to hear,” I replied, “Egocentric individuals are often the most difficult to follow. I would know…”

After I listened to her for so long, it seemed that Rights decided to return the favor. “...Tell me about yourself, kid.”

PreviousChapters Next