• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 317: Things Work Out

“Alrighty, baby-boy,” she ruffled my hair with her hoof, “So long as you know where everything is gonna end up, I have full faith in ya.”

I was a tad annoyed by the gesture, but I couldn’t help but accept it. It was soothing in a way. Despite the state of my mane afterwards, which I had to fix. “...Thank you, Miranda. I couldn’t ask for anything more.”

After all that was said and done, Miranda was ready to go start searching for a home to move into within Ponyville. And of course, to do that, she’d need to talk with the Mayor. So we both got up from the couch, and I walked her to the front door.

“Alright. I’m off, son,” she said with a smile, “Don’t work yourself too hard, eh?”

I gave her one last hug before she stepped through the door. “Oh don’t worry about that. I’ve been doing quite a bit of therapy to help me through when it gets difficult. Nothing can possibly tear me down at this point, mother. I can promise you that.”

“Good. All my folks endured some kind of therapy to help keep their minds straight. Yoga, swimming, martial arts--stuff like that. Good on you for helping de-stigmatize and normalize what should be a positive thing…”

Indeed. The term ‘therapy’ on its own carried negative connotations. The truth is, it was often a helpful, broad series of minor tasks to help keep one’s mind on the right path. To be quite honest? I wish I got into it much sooner.

“No problem. I do my best in everything I can,” I replied, “Now go on--the sooner you get everything established, the sooner you can properly move in!” I said with a bit more excitement than I cared to admit at the time.

Rights noticed this and looked at me with an ‘oh you’ sort of expression as she rolled her eyes with a small grin on her face. “Ah...never change, son. Never change. I’ll see you around, huh?”

“For certain!” I waved as she left, “We’ll let you know when the wedding day is supposed to be scheduled!”

“Gotcha!” she replied as she walked away, “See ya later!”

I waved one more time for good measure, and finally shut the door. It’d be a lie if I said I wasn’t a bit emotional at that moment. I sobbed for a minute from sheer happiness. Everything had essentially come up aces from all angles. Cozy was happy, Cheerilee was happy, my friends were happy, and Miranda Rights had actually returned to me. Not to mention rallying the general public to assist with the takedown of many, many crazed individuals and villains over the course of what--two, three years? I had lost count by this point.

This officer really had closed one of the most important cases in Equestrian history.

But things weren’t exactly over yet. After all, I still had a wedding to plan alongside Cheerilee and a daughter to take care of. But for the moment, I needed a damn rest. That day was a stressful one, and all I could think about was how things would improve over time with Cozy and her new life. I wondered what sort of profession she would get into…

“Blech...I need to lie down…” I said as I trotted to my room. The stress and anxiety from the day came back to hit me all at once and I needed to relax.


The Next Day…

I got out of bed, had breakfast, got dressed, and left my house.

It was a rather beautiful, peaceful day in Ponyville. For once, I could hear and see everything around me to a T. Nothing bad was about to take place, and I was more than grateful for it. As I made my rounds, a few familiar faces stopped what they were doing to smile and wave at me. It felt a bit awkward, I’ll admit, but it was nice to know that I was supported by so many individuals.

Anyhow, I stopped by the local retirement home to make sure everything was alright there. Thankfully, things were okay. Nothing and nopony was severely injured in the destruction of that battle, so I was relieved to see it.

After that, I attempted to go check on the status of our cake at Sugarcube Corner (and get my usual donuts), however…

As soon as I set hoof on the steps that led up to the bakery, I was stopped by a sudden blur of pink.

“Pale?! Nononono! You can’t see the cake yet!” The pink mare with a rather frizzled mane shouted in my face as she appeared in the doors, “Don’t you know it’s bad luck to see the cake before it’s ready?!”

It took me a second to process what she had said. It made me laugh a little, being honest. “Pfff. What? Pinkie, I think you mean the bride. It comes from an old superstition back when arranged marriages were a thing so the groom would go along with it regardless of how she looked.” I let out a small sigh. “Ah...never know how strange certain things are until you dig deeper into the history behind them.”

“Well it’s still not ready, so you can’t come see it yet!” Pinkie wasn’t having it. She quickly shoved a box of donuts in my face, and pushed me away from the bakery. “Your mare-to-be came by this morning asking the same thing. Why don’t you go see her instead?”

Yeesh. Pinkie must have been quite stressed out from all the other various orders she had to fulfill in the meantime. The last thing I wanted to do was be rude and make things worse.

PreviousChapters Next