• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 301: Relaxation

Unfortunately for me, I had no clue how to plan a wedding. I was so focused on my own work most of the time that the idea of getting married never once crossed my mind. However, I did know that I wanted something relatively small--hence why I proposed to Cheerilee in private. (Or tried to, anyway).

I didn’t want a massive reception or for our faces to make the news. It would invite a lot of unsavory participants that neither I nor she had the emotional time to invest in. Of course, all of my friends were invited, as was Cheerilee’s sister and her closest friends. I also reluctantly allowed her to invite the Crusaders--those three had been heavily involved in their old teacher’s desire for love in the past. So I imagine that they would be over the moon to finally see her get married.

That aside, business had to resume as usual.

Flash Drive, Guttersnipe, and Neon had to return to their posts in the Crystal Empire and Trottingham respectively. But they assured me they would be there with their best duds which put me at ease in terms of having my closest friends there.

Corkscrew and Quick Draw would return to their homes in Ponyville nearby, so I could most certainly count on them to attend.

Thankfully, the Mayor herself was also a wedding official, so she could help us get set up rather easily. What also helped was the fact that she was able to take time out of her busy schedule to discuss it with us.

In fact, the very next day, I made sure to take the day off so that I could spend some time with Cheerilee so we could think about our future together. She and I had been through a lot, and we were more than happy to enjoy each other’s company. We spent the entire day at my house together--just the two of us.

We sat in my backyard at a table where we sat and drank tea together as we laughed the hours away. Eventually, she would hit me with a rather important statement.

“To be honest, Pale,” she said, “I was a bit unsure. I kind of wanted to ask you that question first.”

How interesting. More often than not, the stallion was expected to be the one to propose. The fact that Cheerilee had actually considered doing so first kind of threw me for a loop. “Really? How come?”

“Well...I’ll just be frank--I was afraid that I was going to lose you somehow. And I figured that if I asked you first, you’d be more motivated to fight onward and come back to me--er, us all.”

It was a bit awkward to convey, but I got the gist of what she meant. “I see...don’t worry. That was my thought process also. I knew that if we were to get married, our love would only grow stronger for each other. To the point where we’d always make sure to come back to each other--no matter how tough things get.”

“Ah…” Cheerilee rested her cheek against her hoof that she placed upon the table. “Well. To be honest. I think it’s safe to say that isn’t a concern. I mean, you quite literally punched the embodiment of destruction out of existence! Nopony’s going to mess with you at this point, dear.”

I took a long slurp from my teacup as I gave it some thought. “...Yeah. There’s no guarantee for that. There’s probably going to be new enemies that crop up at any given moment to try and harass us.”

She leaned over the table, and placed a smooch on my forehead. “I’d be more worried about them than you. Now, did you have anything in particular you wanted for our wedding?”

I sat back in my chair. “...Flamenco dancing. I adore that style of hoofwork and movement that goes along with the clothing…”

Cheerilee’s ears twitched from excitement. “Oh my...a beautiful red dress that flows along with my every move. That sounds absolutely beautiful. And much better than the stereotypical, bland white.”

Then I started to rattle off other things that could come into play. “Vinyl could play the music for us, the Cakes’ could supply the food and the guest list…”

“My sister is certainly going to show up,” she added, “But my parents...I don’t think so.”

I tilted my head. “Wait what? Why not?”

PreviousChapters Next