• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 332: A Few More Words

Even I had to laugh. It was pretty corny, I’ll admit, but it wasn’t untrue either. Support from multiple angles was one of the only ways to stay mentally sane in this sort of work environment. That was how many cops and investigators flew off the handle and went insane. They lacked any sort of outside assistance to keep them on the right path. This is why I was still attending therapy even up to this point in my life.

“...so I just want to say,” Quick Draw finished up her speech, “Thanks for sticking by, well not just me, all of us. Your crewmates are more than just friends. We’re family. Real family. And I mean that. I’m sure everyone else agrees with me.”

Neon, Drive, Corkscrew, and Guts all voiced their agreement in unison. “YEAH!”

“...That’s all. Thank you, everyone.” Quick Draw left the mic, and everyone started to clap for her. Myself and Cheerilee included.

All the sudden, Cozy flew up to the mic with a nervous smile on her face. “Hey, uh! Sorry, I know you really wanna get into the cake. So I won’t make this any longer than it needs to be. I just wanna say that I love you both and wish you the best. Also, I have another surprise for you guys that I’ll reveal later on in private.”

Cheerilee and I exchanged a glance of confusion. Just what could it be? Something that she didn’t want everyone else to hear?

“Anyway, I’m excited to eat this cake,” Cozy pulled out a camera with her wingtips, “Go on and cut it, you guys. I wanna catch it in a photo and immortalize the moment forever!”

Since no one else had any words to say, we proceeded with the ceremony, and the cake as well.

“Please don’t shove my face in it,” I mumbled to myself as we approached it.

Cheerilee must have overheard me, because she replied almost instantly. “Perish the thought, hubby. I’ve seen too many angry brides and grooms try to play around with that stupid cake-smash thing.”

We stepped up to it, and I grabbed the slicer. Cheerilee placed her hoof upon mine, and we cut the first piece together.

And everyone around us started to clap and cheer while Cozy took a picture.

FLASH!

“...Wow, so that’s what that feels lik--” Before I could finish my thought, Cheerilee had already put a piece of the cake in my mouth. She had cut slice from both sides of the cake, and fed me a bit of my side first. The peaches combined with the taste of the delicate sunflowers made for an amazing, almost heavenly taste that was hard to describe. “Mmmm…”

“It’s good, isn’t it?” she gathered some of her side of the cake onto a fork, and fed that to me next. The one with cherries and mascarpone cream. “Now try this one. Tell me what you think.”

It was just as good as the side that I had requested. The tang of the cherries and mascarpone made for an interesting combination of flavors that was simple, and really relaxing. “...These are delicious. I need to make sure I thank Pinkie for how well she made this. Something like this only comes around once in a lifetime.”

After that, we pretty much allowed everyone else to come up and cut their own slices. There was so much cake that I wanted everyone to enjoy it at their leisure. Turns out it was a smart choice. Everyone in attendance absolutely adored the dessert--to the point of having their moods uplifted by it. Smiles all around, from all angles. Everyone was overjoyed to see Cheerilee and I together.

Overall, I had to say that our wedding was essentially perfect.

But then, Vinyl moved some of the tables out of the way with her magic, and started up some music with a heavy bassline.

“Yo, everypony! Who wants to get down?!”

Crap, I couldn’t dance.

PreviousChapters Next