• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 275: Pain Of The Ram

“So wait a minute,” I spoke up, “Because of your manic state of depression, and because you had no one else to communicate with, you started to develop your own magic which created monsters…”

The ram replied with a gruff sigh. “In a word, yes. Looking back, I hate to admit that I allowed my own emotions to take over what I really wanted. But in that time period, everypony was so stubborn that I refused to be walked over…no. Instead, I chose to become the leader instead of a follower.”

The next time Grogar approached the ponies, he did so with overwhelming force. None were spared from his wrath. All those who didn’t listen to him before were now forced to do so thanks to the amount of monsters he had at his disposal. Over time, the blobby shadows would reveal themselves to be various monsters that Pale and his friends had seen even to the current era.

Hydras, chimeras, vampire fruit bats, tatzlwurms, giant spiders, the ursa minors/majors, manticores...

In an instant, and out of fear, the ponies fell to their knees and begged for forgiveness. They had no idea an outsider could have such power. For those that tried to escape by sea, they were quickly thwarted by sea serpents. And for those that tried to escape by flight, the newly created Wendigoes prevented them from ever leaving due to their gale force which kept them grounded.

“It felt great, being listened to for once,” Grogar went on, “At long last I could drive the ponies towards a more stable community and keep them safe under my rule. Even if it was through fear.”

“And just how did that end up for ya, mate?” Drive asked while he grit his teeth.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Neon nudge his brother with a wing as a way to reign in his anger. The black unicorn sighed and relaxed himself.

We fell silent to allow Grogar to keep going. We watched as the scene before us would change to a particular unicorn mare who rose up to defeat him.

“Well, I’m sure you know the rest…”

In the time that passed, Grogar had taken complete control over the various farmlands, and had already started to force everyone to get along under his rule. There was to be no conflict, no squabbling, and no hatred. Failure to abide by the rules would result in a fate worse than death at the hands of his various monsters who frequently roamed the lands under his control.

Gusty The Great did her best. But Grogar was simply too strong. The bell around his neck had become corrupted, mad with power as was he. No matter what she did, she simply could not land a definitive blow upon the ram.

With a cackle, Grogar boasted about how strong he was. About how foolish somepony like Gusty could be to even fathom trying to take him on. By this point, he had taken over multiple farmlands, and usurped himself as their ruler. His arrogance served to be his downfall, however…

With the intent to deceive, Gusty fell to the ground, seemingly ready to accept her fate as his slave. As Grogar approached, she activated a spell so powerful that it paralyzed his entire body. In those few moments, she took advantage of Grogar’s ego and quickly enhanced the spell.

"...You're pathetic," Gusty said, "I'll make sure you never set hoof on this land again you utter miscreant."

The end result came with Gusty taking the Bewitching Bell--the primary source of the ram’s power, and banishing him. To where? No one knew.

But she was regarded as a hero on that day. Henceforth known as Gusty the Great.

“After that, I’m sure you know the rest. The Earth ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi fought until they could get along lest they be frozen over by the Wendigoes--which I also created. And that’s when I realized something…” Grogar let out a disgruntled sigh. “Something that would affect the rest of Equestria’s history even to this very day.”

“...And what’s that?” Corkscrew asked as he stared at the events that unfolded before us.

“During my banishment, I realized...that I was created,” Grogar replied, “I had no life of my own. There was never anyone called ‘Grogar’ to begin with. It was as if some form of divine intervention forced me into existence…”

Honestly? Not the craziest thing I ever heard. Nopony really knows too much about how the world was created after all. So this was just about the closest my crew and I would get to an actual genesis story.

Even Quick Draw, of all ponies, was amazed by it, going by the shocked set of eyes she sported for a moment or two. “...So wait a second, you’re saying it’s entirely plausible that the universe itself just sorta thrusted you into existence? Wh--what? I ju--I can’t imagine just sort of poofing into reality one day like that.”

The ram snorted with an annoyed roll of his eyes. “It’s all I have to go off of. I don’t know who or where I came from. All I know is that I just did. But you want to know something else? No one knows where Gusty came from either.” He held his hoof up and waved it around dramatically for emphasis, “She just shows up one day to stop me. And that was it. Poof. Gone. Never to be seen again.”

My usual analytical mind kicked in as I proceeded with my next inquiry. “Did she have any relatives?” I asked, “Anyone who properly knew her at all?”

“No and no,” Grogar responded, “Not to my knowledge. Even if she did have parents, they didn’t appear anywhere across the various regions that I traveled.”

“So like--hold on,” Guttersnipe piped up, “Are you saying that Gusty was probably just sorta willed into existence right alongside you?”

“Hmph,” the ram scoffed, “You’re more perceptive than you let on. In a way, yes. Either she was born to be the hero that would eventually stop me, or she was created by an unknown power for the sole purpose of taking me down as a way to restore balance of power to this universe. This is merely conjecture, but I suspect that my corruption had caused too much dark magic to flourish, so there needed to be somepony to balance out that darkness...a force of light if you will.”

That’s when I put two and two together. About what he just said, and what he mentioned in reference to the fact that it apparently affected Equestria even to this day.

“...Are you saying that all throughout history, forces of Harmony and Chaos have constantly tussled with each other in order to keep this universe balanced?”

After a delayed bit of silence, Grogar finally replied. “...Too much of either would result in complete destruction of the entire multiverse.”

PreviousChapters Next