• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 277: Truth Of The Ram

Now I was upset. All this time he didn’t need Cozy at all? I didn’t believe it.

“Alright then, bring her out to us,” I demanded, “If she’s unharmed as you claim she is, then I’m sure you won’t have any problem showing us this.”

After a moment of silence, we were returned back to the Castle of the Two Sisters. Surely enough, Cozy Glow was at the end of the throne room. And as soon as she spotted us, she flew over immediately.

“...Pops and everypony else! You’re alive!” she swooped in and nearly tackled me to the floor upon impact, “I thought for sure that I’d have to sacrifice myself or something, but it turns out that Grogar is trying something entirely different…”

I put a hoof around her to make sure she hadn’t been afflicted with any magical curses. Wouldn’t you know it? Nothing was wrong.

“Yeah we know,” I replied, “It’s...unbelievable, really. All this time we thought was after you in particular to terrorize you.”

Cozy looked down at the ground. “Well..despite that, I still don’t necessarily agree with his end goal.”

That’s right. We still hadn’t found out exactly what Grogar wanted to accomplish here. All we knew at this point was his perspective and why he did all of this. Well now we were about to find the truth.

With another cough, Grogar went on with his explanation. “...As I was saying, even now there are examples of Chaos and Harmony constantly at war with each other in the current era. Cadenza took up Amore’s role against Sombra upon his return, Twilight Sparkle fought off Tirek upon his return, Chrysalis was foiled by Thorax, the griffons against Arimaspi, Sunset Shimmer against the Sirens, and so on….”

Corkscrew nudged me, and whispered. “...I’m noticing a trend where most of Equestria’s enemies from over a thousand years ago come back and somepony of the current era has to fight them off for good since their predecessors didn’t. Talk about lazy, right?”

“Shh! That’s not necessary,” I chastised him, “No one is perfect and able to get things right on the first try…”

“Argh! Ahem…” The ram hacked, and cleared his throat. “No, no. Your friend has a point. In short, I’ve been able to deduce just why this has happened--and why only the Elements of Chaos have reappeared in the modern era rather than those who represented Harmony.”

Taken aback, Corkscrew leaned forward to inquire. “Erm...why is that, mister?”

“...They were all too weak,” he said, “Too weak to embrace their full potential and truly exterminate the forces of darkness that constantly oppose them. I can’t blame them, though. As Elements of Harmony or Light, they weren’t able to follow through on exterminating the Darkness because they believed that would make them no better than their enemies.”

That’s when I got to thinking. Was it possible that Harmony and Light as well as Chaos and Darkness were, in fact, those very ‘powers that be’ that enforced certain individuals to always face each other?

And you know what? The kid came to the exact same conclusion.

Cozy stepped forward. “I wonder...is it possible that you were created for a purpose…” she muttered, “A purpose to serve some higher being that we may all be unaware of?”

Once again, Grogar coughed--though it was combined with a sarcastic snort. “...Hmph. Heck if I know for sure. If that is indeed the case, then I want to ensure that my plan works doubly so. If some being had the audacity to create me just for the sake of entertainment...as if I was nothing more than a plaything…” he looked at the ground and sighed, “All sense of remorse would be thrown out of the window.”

My friends and I fell silent at this. Was it truly possible that there were beings whose power went beyond that of the alicorns? The power to create and control life in order to force it to be at odds with another form of life? Devious indeed....

“Alright...so let’s cut to the chase,” I said, “What do you intend to do to solve this? Why have you come to us?”

Grogar pointed to the Tree of Harmony behind us. “Simple...by casting one of the most powerful magic spells off of the tree, I intend to put everyone--pony, griffon, dragon, changeling--doesn’t matter. I want to put every living, sapient creature in an eternal bliss inside of their own minds. One where no element of Chaos or Harmony will ever fight back--thus breaking the cycle that this universe has been damned to for centuries.”

...So that was it. To be quite honest, I wasn’t very shocked at all. My comerades on the other hoof…

“So wait, you want to take away all forms of free will?!” Quick shouted, “That’s ridiculous!”

“I agree!” Corkscrew exclaimed with a stomp of his hoof, “I know things aren’t really perfect, but to throw the world away just for an idealistic dream sounds fake.”

“Indeed,” Neon added, “Me life ain’t perfect, but it’s mine. Wouldn’t have it any other way, right bruv.”

Flash Drive scoffed. “Mate….we only evolve through conflict. To take it away would render everything we’ve done pointless.”

Guttersnipe meanwhile, was as brash as ever. “...That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.”

Grogar nodded with a defeated sigh of acceptance. “Yeah, yeah...I could have predicted that sort of reaction. The child here doesn’t agree with me either.”

Cozy shook her head. “I don’t...I’m sorry. While I understand your perspective, and what you want to do, I cannot submit to the idea of locking everypony out into some eternal dream sequence!”

Since my answer was the same as theirs, I decided to skip ahead. “...Grogar. You know we won’t budge on this. If you want to enact such a thing, we’ll have to throw down. One on one. You and I.”

In response, my friends gave a resounding, “WHAT?!”

PreviousChapters Next