• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,298 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,298

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 237: Apple Farm Raid

I quickly addressed the Apple mares. “Do either of you know where Applejack’s body is?”

“Yeah,” Applebloom replied, “As soon as Ah came home to see if any trouble started, Ah found this creep havin’ sucked her dry!” she pointed at the flying demon pony, and stomped her hoof.

Babs stepped forward, and shouted up at the pony. “What I wanna know is why in blue blazes wouldja attack AJ?! In her sleep no less! What did she evah do to you, ya basic bastahd!”

No words. The pony simply descended, and landed on the ground in front of us. With a small chuckle, he waved his hoof which activated some sort of magic spell.

POOF!

Around him, several pillars of dark magic erupted. Once the smoke cleared, we could see several other demons--and a kirin--that were bent to his will. Most of them were mares. And that’s when all of my suspicions were confirmed.

“Yup...that’s him,” I swore under my breath, “This is my fault…”

“Hold on,” Applebloom spoke up, “Sir, do you actually recognize this...thang?”

“I do,” I replied with a sigh, “Do you remember Coloratura’s old manager from twenty years ago?”

Both Babs and Applebloom took a look at each other for a moment.

“So Svengallop was sent to Tartarus, eh?” Babs commented, “Guess we’ll hafta send ‘em back there ourselves!”

There was no way I could allow them to do such a thing. This was my mistake, and I would rectify it here and now. “No...I was the one who killed him. It’s on me to face this for the sake of Applejack.”

The Apple mares fell silent. Even though it was a long time ago, they had remembered the choice I made that ended up all over the news. Many weren’t satisfied with it, but others didn’t care at the time. A few thought that someone like Svengallop deserved to die and deserved no trial at all.

Now? That decision had returned to bite me in the ass.

Cheerilee was the first to attempt to persuade me. “Hun. Don’t do this. We know that you made a horrible lapse in judgement when dealing with that creep the first time. But please, don’t make another. We’re all here. We can fight together.”

“...Applejack suffers now because of a choice I made,” I looked ahead at the small group of demons, “If I don’t act now, then I am not worthy of this--”

SMACK!

“YEEH!” I felt Cheerilee’s tail strike the side of my rear-end and I let out a wheeze in response. “...Um. Ow?”

“Enough of that,” she commanded, “You’re wasting time dawdling over the past. If you want to make up for your actions, then I suggest we get to fighting.”

I flicked my tail, and sighed. She was right. It wasn’t the time for contemplative meditation. It was time for action.

Even the bastard on the other end of the dirt path had gotten tired of us standing around.

“Ahem.” He cleared his throat--his voice reverberated around the air just like the shadow pony from before.

“Ain’t got time to worry about that, bruddah,” Babs scraped her hoof against the dirt in preparation for takeoff, “What’s the plan?”

Okay. This could not register on an emotional level. If they could keep their heads in a calm state, then so could I. To start off, we needed to make sure that none of his little group made it into the rest of the town.

“You all take the side-horses,” I spat, and glared into the eyes of that grotesque demon, “I’ll deal with him myself.”

Applebloom was the first to respond to this suggestion. “Yer the boss, mister. Now huddle up, ya’ll.” Then, from the corner of my eye, I watched as she spat away the cork from a potion bottle filled with a clear liquid, and threw it against the ground.

CLATTER!

I couldn’t see myself anymore….oh! That was it! An invisibility potion. A perfect way to start things off. We could still see each other’s auras which was perfect so that we wouldn’t get in each other’s way.

To my left, I could see Babs rush in, and make contact with multiple demons at once. Even when three of them swarmed her at once, her muscle definition was so strong that the demons actually chipped their teeth when they tried to feast on her flesh. This was followed up by a round of hefty punches and kicks that sent them flying clear across the sky.

Applebloom took a more subtle approach with various potions and curses. To be quite honest, I was not very well-versed in the arcane arts. But from what I could tell, each potion she threw had a unique effect. Some inflicted freeze, burn, poison, electrocution, and loads of other status effects on the enemies. Every time I heard a bottle crack open, it spelt doom for another demon.

Cheerilee, well--she needed no real explanation did she?

And I went right up the center to take on the newly enhanced Svengallop myself. If there was one thing I could do right for a change, then now was the time.

I made use of Applebloom’s invisibility potion for as long as possible in order to sneak up behind the demon. I had perfect timing too, because it had worn off as soon as I lunged at him from a blind spot.

Or at least, what I thought had been a blind spot.

SWOOSH!

Just before I landed a blow, he turned around and grabbed my neck with his hoof. I let out a breathless gasp, then grit my teeth as I stared into his eyes. Those feisty, incessantly arrogant eyes of his. Even though he was missing his glasses, his free hoof pantomimed pushing them up in that snobbish way.

“This time things are going to be different. I will have my proper tribute, detective.”

PreviousChapters Next