• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 219: Cozy Discussion

I got to Cozy’s house, and knocked on the door. “Cozy? Are you home? There’s something I must speak with you about.” There was quite a delay--about five minutes or so--before I got an answer.

“Hm? Oh, pops, it’s you!” the young mare cheered when she saw me. She had on a set of overalls and a sunhat which indicated some sort of outdoor activity. Gardening perhaps? “Come on, there’s something I wanna show you!”

“Wait wha--? Ah--!”

I was pulled into her home by force, and she shut the door behind me. From there, she dragged me through her house until we arrived at the backyard where she had loads of flowers and other shrubs planted. There was even a small lake she created near a gazebo to rest at.

“Wow…” I took in the beauty of her garden, “Did you manage to do all of this yourself, kid? And are those real sunflowers?”

Cozy let out a small giggle. “Hehe! Yup! And to be fair, I had a bit of help from Auntie Treehugger to get started. But from there it was pretty much all me. What do you think?”

I had to hold back tears from amazement. “I think it’s...amazing, really. You have so many talents that it’s honestly a joy to watch you go through life, kid.”

“Thanks...but it’s not all perfect. I still need to make sure I don’t lose my mind again…” she trotted towards her little pavilion, and took a moment to stop by a bush that contained roses which she took a second to sniff, “But it’s thanks to you and the others that I’m even able to stand here now and stop to smell the flowers…”

I had almost gotten distracted from what I initially traveled there to accomplish. It was so adorable to watch her explore the wonders of life that she lost as a child due to losing her mind to evil. It was akin to a parent that watched their child take their first few steps...or something like that.

So much so, that I didn’t even realize she had continued talking. “...And the fact that I’ve been able to make so many new friends. Flurry Heart and I have been working off each other’s weaknesses pretty well. I help her with organizing her responsibilities, and she helps me control my...emotions.”

“Huh? Oh wow,” I replied with a rather impressed snort, “Well I suppose it makes enough sense. The Princess of...Hearts, I suppose? Regardless, she’d seem like the type to aid in the handling of one’s emotional state. It’s worked out well, I hope?”

She nodded. “Mm-hmm. It’s been great. Not to mention hanging with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, making apple pies with Apple Bloom, flying with Scootaloo, trying on new outfits with Sweetie Belle…” Cozy let out a content sigh as she gazed up at the sky. “Ah...I’ve more or less overcome the things that traumatized me in the past, except…” she turned her head away with a pause.

I took a step closer to her with a concerned tilt of my head. “...Except what?”

To my surprise, Cozy shrugged it off and exchanged the frown for a quick smile. “Oh...nothing. So what was it you wanted to come tell me?”

Right! Right. Well...that was awkward.

After such a wondrous tale of her accomplishments--how far she had come from her initial turmoils...it ate me up inside. The mere concept utterly disturbed me. To remove Cozy from everything that she had built up for herself thus far would not only be a waste, but who knows what sort of mental state she would be in if she were forced to give it all up? Was this really the right decision? What to do…

“Uhm…” I rubbed a hoof behind my head, unsure of how to approach the scenario at all.

Cozy stepped up to me, and put a hoof on my shoulder. “...Pale. You can tell me anything. We’ve known each other for quite a while and at this point--you’re one of the only individuals on this planet that I have my full trust placed in.”

Her words put me at ease. With them in mind, I took a deep breath, and explained what I wanted to say. After all, she was an adult and had every right to be able to make her own decisions.

“...Cozy. I spoke with Twilight at my home earlier, and...essentially what she wants is for us--you and I--to essentially relocate so we can get you away from all of this.”

And just like that, her face fell. Her ears drooped, and a frown grew to both sides of her face. “Ah…” she let out a sigh as she dipped her head down, “I knew that this was bound to happen at some point.”

Did I hear that right? Just how did she come to that conclusion? “What do you mean?”

“Well, remember what I said just a second ago?” she asked, and raised her head to look at me once more. “Yeah...things aren’t totally peachy yet…” She rubbed one of her hind legs against the other, and went on. “I’ve been...seeing things in my sleep. As if Grogar knows that I still have some of his power. So long as I walk the earth, he can potentially revive himself through me.”

I took a step back, and nearly trampled one of her sunflowers on accident. To say that I was floored was an understatement. If that was indeed the case, then our options were few and far between here.

“I see...so what do you want to do?” I asked with both of my hooves raised to metaphorically weigh the options. “On the one hoof...staying here would mean you can keep all of the friends you’ve made, but we’d be putting them all at risk. On the other, leaving them all behind would ensure their safety and yours as well.” I put my hooves down. “What do you want to do, Cozy?”

The pink pegasus shut her eyes for a moment. A visible vein started to bulge upon her head, and one of her eyelids began to twitch from how much hefty thought she had likely put into this situation. I couldn’t blame her. It wasn’t going to be an easy choice.

After about five minutes, she opened her eyes and gave me her answer.

“...I’m staying here. No matter what.”

I felt my heart skip a beat, and my tail stood on end. “...”

PreviousChapters Next