• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,959 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,959

PreviousChapters Next
Rumors 4

Girls! I'm not sure how true this is, but I heard that someone from the MC writing staff retired (due to family issues). Details are sketchy, but this is enormous! What do you think this means for the series?

I'm worried there could be a change in direction. I love Chronicles and I adore Everhere, but Most of the original is too... old :( (Sorry Tech). There are descriptions of objects that existed before I was born. If there's a return to that series or if it's some entirely new direction... I'm afraid it might be too different from what it is now. :(

@Luna: Can you tell us anything about that?

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: You charmed another filly, didn't you? You're outright scary sometimes!

You're worrying for nothing, though. I'll ask my father what he can find out, but staff changes are quite common in the industry. Writers come and go, some leave, change projects, or start their own thing. There's nothing alarming about it. For one thing I'm pretty sure the first arc of Everhere is written. The second arc is either entirely done as well or almost. And even if a writer leaves mid volume there's an entire team lead by a lead writer (S.Child).

Now that's explained, you've becoming like Max. :P Next I expect you to start grumbling that something will cause the end of the series.

RRBB

RRBB is indeed quite accurate. Furthermore, don't forget the publisher. They have a lot of interest for their product to be as accessible as possible. On the whole, things would likely remain the same.

Slightly off topic, Max is out of hospital and now recuperating at her home. She wishes you all hi and wants you to know that she suspected that would happen all along. "The series ended with volume 5!" The rest is unintelligible.

Jade

@Jade: You sure are pampering her well. Short said she's never seen her sis so calm. ;) By the way, have some pics for you. Not sure they are what you wanted, but I think they fit your story well.

PaintDrop

@PrinceEric: Technically, I'm not allowed to comment, but I can say that you have nothing to worry about. I can also say that there will be a new addition to the team (expect an announcement tomorrow.)

@MixaMax: good to know you are well and being pampered :)

Luna

Writers who displease me are sent to the moooooon!

TheRealLuna

I know it's a bit soon, but what do you think of organizing a second meetup? As you know MCE is huge in the Crystal Empire and it would be quite easy to get support for such an event. Our numbers still aren't enough for a convention, but it say wee half way there and could organize a weekend event here.

@Luna: I'd love to coordinate with you on getting this rolling and inviting staff, fans, and the site regulars. What do you think?

InItForTheShipping

@InItForTheShipping: I'd need to hear details, but I don't see why not. Send me a PM.

Luna

@RRBB: I hope you're right. I just get anxious sometimes. Anyway, ignore me. I just find it yard one if the writers would leave. I'm sure you're right and there are reasons, but it still hurts a bit... I'm just weird :(

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: You're not weird, you're deeply sensitive and you'll make somepony very happy someday.

I know, I've used your character in a few stories and have hidden massive support. (Don't be trying to find out, you jerks! It's under an alt :P)

RRBB

Wow, this has been some day! I get a high enough grade in class to skip a test, I think I started a relationship (guy's cute and clueless, just like I like them), Dark's package with all Midnight Castle books finally arrived (I love reading paper), and another magnificent thing happened which I cannot share at the moment. :)

Things haven't been so good since... Well, ever!

@InItForTheShipping: That would be so cool! I'm there 100%. Just please wake it a weekend. I don't want to miss more classes than I should (and summer vacation is so far away).

@PrinceEric: Don't worry, little charmer. Everything will be fine :)

LightSparkle

@all: Hello, Nightlings!

It's time for a few announcements.

We've revised the rules for submission, so please check them out. Everything should be clear, but if you think it isn't ask a curator or us (in that order).

Thanks to the generous support of Luna, we now have three servers storing stories, songs, and pictures, so adds won't be appearing anytime soon. In addition, we've added emoticon functionality, so you can vote on your favourite works (similar to standard voting, but adds a bit more uniqueness). It's still experimental, so bear with us.

With that I wish you a great day, and to Max a long and enjoyable "sickness". :)

The TechNightling

Did Tech smile just now?!?

RRBB

Sounds fishy to me. Maybe somepony has hacked his account? I say we take no chances.

PaintDrop

What up, posers? :) Cool peace you gave here :D Kidding, just kidding.

I must confess I've never read the series (and don't intend to), but some of the fics you girls did are way wicked! @Brush, @Simile you are my *yay* heroines! I'd be lying if I didn't say you changed my life. The rest of you are also cool, but those two... wow.

Well, that was it. See you around. I'll be here to pester you from now on :D

Edit: you have a *yay* filter? That's so lame it's *yay* cool! :P

Feather

@all: Remember how I said thank you yesterday? I take it back...

...and say it again a thousandfold stronger! There are no words to describe the gifts I got so far! They range from incredible to literally unbelievable! All the time effort and bits you put into that, I just...

@RRBB & co, you got me a bucking Silvarius Harp! I didn't even know those things were on sale!

@MasterOfThisAstra, @PaintDrop: a life size statue of me?!? Bob got a heart attack when I opened the package. You literally made me be inside the magic!

@CEOWitch, @Fleetfoot, @Lurkling: I can't believe what you did! Seriously! Way to get me crying on the street :) Love you, you crazies!

@InItForTheShipping: Thank you... just thank you. There's nothing else I could possibly say...

Now this silly mare is going to spend a while crying into Bob's mane.

Thank you, all! Thank you!

LyraHands

PreviousChapters Next