• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,958 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,958

PreviousChapters Next
Filly Talk

Okay, spill!

RRBB

Huh?

PaintDrop

I've told you where I am and who I'm with and you haven't asked me for any details at all! Something is up. Either you are in trouble (which knowing you is impossible) or you're head over hooves in love. So spill! :D

RRBB

I have no idea what you're talking about. And I just assumed you'd share details once you wanted to.

PaintDrop

Oh, really? :/ After three days? That didn't seem to stop you from asking how Short and Pixel were doing. Also, I talked to your brother. He mentioned you've been absent minded lately. Sort of forgetful...with what I've been through lately, I can tell a crush when I see one!

RRBB

Fine! But this stays between us, okay? I hear you've told anyone, including Short or your therapist, and I'm never talking to you again. Seriously!

PaintDrop

Filly, please. Remember all the things I told you? So, what's he like? :D

RRBB

This is so awkward. Well, he's...cute in a very special way. I sort of can't believe it myself. I never ever thought I'd see anything in a gothcolt. It's so weird.

PaintDrop

Oh my! Never expected you to fall for the bad colt. Guess opposites attract :) So where did you meet him? He's not from school (I would have known). Manehattan? Canterlot transplant? Don't tell me he's a griffin.

RRBB

Ha ha. Very funny. And no, he isn't a griffin. You know what? I'm not talking about where he's from! Actually, I've no idea why I'm discussing this with you at all! I already know you'll tell half the class when you get back here, so why give you more hay for the fire?

PaintDrop

Because I'm your best friend and deep inside you're dying to tell me? That's probably why you refrained from asking me about Short. You put yourself in my horseshoes and decided you wouldn't feel comfortable talking about your love life (even if you're dying to do so) then projected the notion onto me.

RRBB

Where the hay did you get all that?!?

PaintDrop

Please. I've been going to therapy sessions every week for I don't know how long now. I'm bound to pick up a thing or two. Plus, we went to see Princess Cadence yesterday. She's actually cool, not the empty-headed doll everypony thinks her to be. I think we'll go again today. (Short feels so embarrassed. She's still not used that we're going places as a couple.)

RRBB

I hate it when you stop in the middle of an explanation:/

PaintDrop

I know >:D

RRBB

Fiiiine! He's not from Ponyville, he's dark and slender, and a bit older than me, so that's why I really, really, really want it kept quiet. (By a bit I mean 2 years, by the way.). He's sweet and helped me when I was in a bad place.

Now your turn! How are things with Short?

PaintDrop

I thought you'd never ask! Mare was I blind all these years! Short is like the sweetest thing ever. I mean she was always quiet, and always a friend, but I never imagined being with her would be like this. It's so different than being (and I use the term very loosely) with YouKnowWho.

With You there was a lot of yelling, shouting, kicking, broken now and again by some mushy nonsense I would spew. It was a sort of competition in a way, you know, me trying to outdo her and impress her into liking me.

Short is more like a princess in fairy tales—sort of fragile and well, I don't know how to describe it. Being with her makes me feel kinda special, like I'll break the snout of anypony who nears her special. Also, I found that's it's rather nice to be cooed after :)

RRBB

I take it things are going well then :) Just one thing, though. Try not to mess it up. I don't want both of you running to me in tears again because you did something stupid :/

PaintDrop

Wow! Aren't you harsh today? Point taken. Since I know what a wreck in life I am I can't make any promises, but will really try to make this work. For real this time.

The levitation thing is totally true, by the way. I saw her do it a few times (mare is it intense). Best kiss ever! I could actually feel her heart beating like a little engine when she hugged me. So soft and fluffy. It was like hugging sunshine (and kissing) :)

RRBB

I cried when it was over. I actually *yay* cried! The first time that happened...feeling so happy that you can't hold your tears in. She never let go. Hugged me from the moment I started. Must have been hours...it was dark by the time I was okay.

And I'm getting mushy again...

RRBB

Stars? It's like your dream come true. Now that you're together I can say I'm finally relieved. You've no idea how much Short was pining for you. Meanwhile, you were so stubbornly set on YouKnowWho. :/

You've no idea how glad I am things work out.

PaintDrop

Yes, I know. It's... Fantasizing is nothing like the real thing. Dad kept telling me that fantasizing about romance was like liking the picture of a chocolate cake. For once he was right. (Who knew?)

Also, don't tell her this, but Short glows when she sleeps. It's really cute. :) Got zapped when I kissed it tonight. It was weird, but nice. She didn't even notice :)

RRBB

I don't want to think what Max did when she caught you two huddled in the same bed. Nothing serious, I hope?

PaintDrop

Nah, she caught the early train to Ponyville on the following morning. Never knew I was there. AwesomePony really has her stressed out. I've no idea why. I mean does she really think Jade will fall for AP's theatrics?

RRBB

You know how protective Max is. Sending Short away because of you, exploding at AwesomePony. I won't be surprised if the got into a fight yesterday. Then everyone is shocked that stallions find us aggressive :/

PaintDrop

Oooh! So you're dating one of those sensitive types? Got it :)

RRBB

Look who's talking. Anyway, must go. Hugs and kisses to Short from me. And don't get her in loved in anything crazy.

PaintDrop

No promises ;P Have fun on your date.

RRBB

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next