• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,515 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,515

PreviousChapters Next
389. Bones by Fusion Fool the 3rd

***

Deep in the catacombs of Canterlot Castle, Celestia wept. Even after ten years of being apart, she couldn’t get over her love’s death. Age was a fickle thing to Celestia, she was destined to lead her ponies for eons to come with her sister. Twilight didn’t have that luxury, sadly passing away with the rest of her friends after so many years of adventures and happiness.

The only thing that kept her going was the smile on her beloved’s face as time sapped her life away and the dull flat-line that followed her final breath.

Celestia has had ponies she had loved die on her, but Twilight’s felt like the hardest burden to bear. The delightful filly that loved to learn, that would stay up for hours just to impress her. The mare that saved her, her country, and her ponies from countless foes. The mare that stood by her side until Twilight's final hours.

Before her was a pile of bones, Twilight’s bones. She still couldn’t believe that she had come to this, turning to necromancy to find happiness again. She spent a good year mourning her purple lover, the next nine trying to overcome her grief to no avail. Her sister and counsel ponies failing to help her. ’Bless their hearts’ Celestia thought as the memories of the last nine years of kindness and help she received to get over her broken heart.

But Twilight did too much to undo it all. Her horn began to glow, it’s golden shine quickly becoming black as it enveloped the bones before her, rising them into the air and reconstructing them into a new pony.

“One last ingredient,” Celestia mused, placing down a few small pictures of Twilight and her friends, along with a picture of Twilight and Celestia on their wedding day. The small frames emanating in Twilight’s own magic, a spell she used in hopes that her memories would never decay.

The bones jerked before her, collapsing as if rejecting the spell. Celestia stared at the pile in shock before sorrow overcame her. Her lure failed to bring the soul back, and her student’s remains fell, her last chance to be with Twilight gone. Tears dripped from Celestia’s face onto the stone floors. “I’m sorry, Twilight.”

“Princess? Why are you crying? Did I do something wrong?” called out a familiar yet ominous voice.

Celestia’s head shot up to see the bones of her student standing, Violet magic enveloping the skeletal form. Purple irises shining within her eye sockets. A pale blue fire imitating Twilight’s mane, complete with her stripes.

Celestia was too stunned to notice her student’s boney hoof wiping her tears away. “I’m sorry that I... died.”

Celestia didn’t care, she swept the skeletal creature into her hooves and hugged her returned lover, tears dripping from her eyes in joy. “Oh Twilight… I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too,” Twilight said, snuggling into Celestia’s warmth. “I’ll do my best to never leave you again.”

Author's Note:

More new authors contributing to the collab!

Mwwahahahahahaha!

PreviousChapters Next