• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,499 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,499

PreviousChapters Next
275. Showtime by Starlight Shadow

***

"I just don't know, Trixie." Twilight sighed, looking at Trixie's reflection in her mirror adorned with Hearth's Warming lights. Trixie applied a little more eye shadow and nodded sympathetically.

Trixie had been able to get back on her feet rather easily after "the whole deal with the Alicorn Amulet" and had become part of another traveling stage show performing magic. Her and her crew happened to be in Canterlot, and upon hearing that the new Princess was also visiting the city had immediately sent Twilight a letter with tickets to her show and an invitation to catch up. Twilight had accepted, and had ended up spilling all of her mare troubles to her old frenemy, particularly those involving Princess Celestia.

"I really don't know what you're getting hung up about." Trixie closed the eyeshadow and began to put on a bit of shimmery blue lip gloss. "Just tell her you fancy her and stop all this worrying. No fuss, just over a cup of tea or something."

"I can't do that!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Why?" Trixie turned to directly face the distraught princess. "You keep saying that you don't know whether you should tell her, but you haven't given me a reason not to."

Twilight sighed and looked at the floor. "Trixie, I...I wouldn't really expect you to understand, but me and Celestia are like sisters. She's been my surrogate mother ever since she took me on as her student, what with my real mother working so much. Over time, we've only grown closer. It was only recently that I realized that I wanted more out of our relationship, but at the same time I didn't want to ruin everything we had by confessing. It would be shallow of me." Twilight sighed again.

Trixie was silent, and Twilight wondered if she had offended her with her opening comment. "You're right. I've always been more of a loner, so I don't really get it. But, I still don't see why you shouldn't tell her. If you two really are that close, then the worst that could happen is that she doesn't return your feelings, and maybe it'll be awkward for a little while. Just give it a shot, Twilight. You spend so much time playing it safe, it'll be good for you to take some risks."

"And now, introducing The Great And Powerful...Trrrrrrrixie!" Roaring applause sounded from outside the caravan.

"It's showtime, Twilight. Better run back if you want to see me in my full splendor, rather than from the wings." She grinned and ran out onto the stage.

Twilight left as well, hurrying to her seat next to Princess Celestia. Celestia smiled down at her. "I trust your time with Trixie went well?"

Twilight nodded, watching the show. During the intermission, she took a breath and steeled herself. It'll be good for you to take some risks. "Celestia?"

"Hm?" Celestia turned to face her.

It's showtime, Twilight.

PreviousChapters Next