• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,508 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,508

PreviousChapters Next
428. Silhouette by Silver Scrolls

***

Dear Dearest My Most Loved

To Celestia

Since I was little I have watched you. Ever since that first day when I saw your silhouette in the sun as you lifted it high into the sky I have known but it wasn’t until I was older that I understood. You burn so bright, so strong that no one has ever seen the mare who casts the light. You create a shadow over yourself and it is that shadow we all see. I, though, wanted to see past the silhouette of you that is cast over the world. At first I approached your sister, who could possibly know you better than your own family. Sadly she did not know you as well as family, she had been gone for a thousand years.

Next I went to Discord, he had known you once, why not see if he remembered you. It was foolish of me to think he might help, all he did was laugh. He did give me some advice, advice I hope to use one day.

My quest continued though, who is Celestia? Everypony knows Celestia but none of them KNOW you. Lost as to what to do I turned to books. Books have never let me down but when trying to see beyond the light to the pony beyond, they did fail me.

Who is Celestia, who is the mare under the mask? Perhaps the outline tells us more than we think. We know she is kind, loving and caring. She lifted a nation upon her shoulders through it’s darkest days after losing her only family, so she must be strong. Those are attributes though, a part of her surely but not who she is.

So we know what she is. She is a ruler of greatness with the aforementioned attributes and so many more. It still leaves me wondering who she is. Who is the mare inside the silhouette she casts? Who is Celestia, and why does no one know her.

I finally chose to speak to Cadence, the mare you raised after her kingdom was lost. She told me that if I wanted to know who Celestia was I needed to follow my heart.

So today I sat down to pen this letter. I write you Celestia because I want to know who you are. I want to know the mare I grew up with, the mare who means more to me than anything else in this wide world. I want to sit beside you and talk about your past. I want to be there for you when dark moments from your past make you shudder, when the sadness of your eternity wracks your body with tears.

I have seen these moments in you, these moments that others call weakness and I want to be there for you in these moments. I want to know the mare who hides behind closed doors so the world cannot see her flaws. There is nothing more in this world that I want than to be the pony you lean on in bad times, the pony who brightens your day and consumes your thoughts when you wake and sleep.

I love you Celestia, with everything I have and more. Please, consider this one request from this selfish mare, hear me say I love you and don’t push me away. You don’t have to love me back, I just need you to know that no matter what, I love you Celestia. I love the silhouette of you, I love the mare in the silhouette. All her flaws, all her strengths, all her weakness, I love them all and I always will.

Love,

Twilight Sparkle, your most faithful friend.

PreviousChapters Next