• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,508 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,508

PreviousChapters Next
259. Constellation by Bobbananaville

“Sister… I know it must have hurt. But please, raise the sun. I don’t know if I could do it again.” There was no response from her sister. Princess Luna wasn’t surprised; in the two days since it happened, she hadn’t elicited a single response from the mare. In fact, Celestia hadn’t done much of anything - she’d not eaten, or had a drink of water, or even gone to the bathroom (or at least, Luna assumed as such). Celestia, a being of such majesty that her little ponies swore by her name, was a pitiful sight; a winged unicorn (for she could hardly be called an alicorn now) with a once-majestic mane now in tangles, laying on her unwashed, filthy bed and staring blankly out the window.

“At least give the public some sort of… Sign. There are rumors that you’re dead, dear sister.” Princess Luna tried to inject some authority into her sentence, something to make Celestia notice her, but all that she managed was desperation. “Please,” she murmured, barely loud enough for her sister to hear, “don’t separate yourself from your subjects. I know you loved her, and you need time to mourn, but you have a responsibility.”

Nothing. The lunar princess sighed and trotted away slowly, waiting without expectation for her sister to say somethi-

It was barely audible, but she caught her sister’s response. “The night before. It was our last night together.” The princess of the night faced her sister. “We… It was wonderful. I’d never truly felt passion before that night with her. The dates, the many gestures of love, they all pale in comparison to that night, when I’d offered myself to her.

“It seems terrible, in a way. Shameful, to dwell on that night rather than our dates. On our love as a whole. But that’s truly all I can think about. That before it happened, she gave me something nopony else could. And I can’t bring myself to…” Tears which Luna had believed to have run out long ago streamed down Celestia’s face once more.

Slowly, Celestia stepped off of the bed, never once facing away from the window. “I will raise the sun. Will you guide me to the balcony? I couldn't make it myself, and I don’t know if I could raise the sun here, with this view.

Luna nodded, not trusting herself to say anything. She nudged her sister towards the balcony, making her face away from the window, and began walking with a solar princess leaning on her side.

Staring at them from within the stars, trapped among the constellations that decorated the night sky, was Twilight Sparkle.

PreviousChapters Next