• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,499 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,499

PreviousChapters Next
437. Onomatopeia by Jonesly

***

*Tick, tick, tick* It took her a minute to place the sound. “Clock. Bedside. Right, got it.” Slowly Celestia rose towards consciousness. It’d been a long week and now that the weekend was here, she was determined to make the most of it… by doing nothing. Luna had volunteered to take care of the sun and Celestia had leaped at the opportunity.

The quiet sounds of a lazy morning surrounded her. Outside the open window the leaves rustled as a light breeze moved them about. In the distance she could hear the babble of a small brook. All around her the world was waking up.

*Dee duh duh! Dee, Dee Duh Duh* The piercing trill of a killdeer rang out, greeting the morning. Celestia’s lips twitched with the trace of a smile. The palace in Canterlot was too full of ponies for the birds to be comfortable there, so she only got to really enjoy them when she left. She lay there, eyes closed, soaking in the morning.

She sighed in contentment, remembering the previous evening when she’d teleported to Ponyville, stolen it’s most precious treasure and ran away with it to the mountains. Speaking of… she cocked her ears and listened. *scritch scritch scritch* There it was. The sound of a quill scribbling notes. There was a light musical hum underlying it. Twilight using her magic and writing something down at the desk. Her treasure, stolen in the night and whisked away.

*Fweeeee* a sharp whistle rang out through the house. A tea kettle, put on to boil, was apparently her wake up call for the morning. She listened to the hooffalls of her mare. Waiting as the went into the kitchen. Then she waited for them to return.

*Clip clop, clip clop* When they halted at the foot of the bed, Celestia knew the gig was up.

“Good morning Celestia.” Twilight Sparkle was watching her open her eyes with a smile. “How is everything this morning?”

With a slightly deeper hum of magic, Celestia accepted the cup of tea. She sat up and smiled. She took a sip and smiled happily. “Thank you Twilight. Everything is just… perfect this morning.”

PreviousChapters Next