• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,499 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,499

PreviousChapters Next
353. Lego by Knight of Lycaeus

***

"So is this supposed to be a tower or a mountain?" Twilight asked.

"A little of both Twilight, the Great Eyrie, capital of the Gryphonic Empire is built on top of the peak of the highest mountain, Mount Aeolus named after the founder of the Gryphonic Empire.” Celestia answered.

Inspecting their progress Celestia asked, “Could you pass over some more of the sandy bricks?"

A magenta aura moved some of the requested bricks over. “I still can’t believe that their mountain is mostly sandstone given that’s it’s not exactly the hardest rock, or how high this reaches if this is a scale replica,” Twilight commented.

Celestia nodded, “It’s impressive to see especially if you approach the capital from above the cloud layer. The tall towers not only heighten the dominant power of the Emperor, but also these towers provide plenty of space for Gryphons to takeoff from allowing their soldiers to leave for a fight in a fairly short amount of time. The cloud cover often obscures the mountain making it seem like the capital is floating.”

Both fell silent as they returned to their work before them. The room was filled with only a steady click as each new piece was added to the growing structure.


With the new piece finished Celestia lifted it in her golden aura. “Twilight we should put this in its proper place, could you please come over and stand next to me?” Celestia asked.

Twilight nodded and walked over, with one of Celestia’s wings she wrapped it around Twilight before calling up her magic and both vanished from the room.

They reappeared in a new spacious room, tables lined neatly against the walls and on every available surface were models of other buildings complete with miniature figures that looked custom made to resemble certain key individuals. The other models were made in a variety of other materials including wood, stone, metal, gems, and other materials that were less identifiable,

Twilight looked around, “What is this?”

“This is my collection, a collection of models featuring important buildings and figures that I’ve seen or visited, or meet in my long life,” Celestia said. “I build very detailed models of every major or important building that I can recall seeing or visiting over the centuries along with all the important figures connected with that location. If I were to put these together then it is likely I could recreate the world as it existed at different points in history.”

“This is impressive of how many there are here. Although I never suspected you would have a collection like this,” Twilight commented.

“It is important for a scout to know the lay of the land from its key buildings to its key personnel,” quoted Celestia. “Something Thunderous taught me, he was fond of explaining the key principles of the Explorators of the Imperium which he was a part of and these were the principles that he upheld.”

“So do you do this in remembrance of him or as a reminder of the past?” Twilight asked.

“A little of both, Twilight,” Celestia said. “This collection has grown greatly over the years; at one time it could have comfortably fit within a decent sized room. Now with the grand size of some of these models and the greater number, I built an ever expanding space to contain them all.”

Twilight slowly starting walking around some of the models before she noticed Celestia was following behind her. “Perhaps you would like a tour of this place?” Celestia asked. “I think I have stories to tell for each one of these.”

PreviousChapters Next