• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,500 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,500

PreviousChapters Next
64. River by Silver Scrolls

***

The valley of lovers, split by a single river. The river is said to represent the gap between lovers. It is believed that if one can build a bridge or cross the river with their lover then their relationship will bear fruit and last forever. Few though know the story of how the valley came to be. Long long ago their were two sisters who ruled over a nation known as Equestria. The younger sister fell and the eldest had to banish her to a far away place. The eldest grew lonely and began a desperate search for a way to bring her back. After years and years of looking she found a way and set her plan in motion but it had unexpected results. She watched the pony she choose to free her sister grow into a fine mare and even go so far as to join her side.”

That was were the tragedy of the three rulers began. The newest ruler was in control of a powerful set of artifacts alongside her dearest friends. When she rose to her godhood her friends followed suit. They resented her for their longevity and soon they drifted apart. The goddess of the stars grew sad and despondent, the goddess of the sun tried everything to comfort to her. For a time it worked and soon they stars and the sun came together in a beautiful new life. For a time all was well but then the goddess of the stars helped her friends bury their children and they fell apart and the stars fell.

The sun did everything she could to bring the stars back but to no avail and so things came to war. A horrible war raged over the land and soon came to what would later become this valley. The sun approached the stars alone in one last attempt to talk reason into her but she failed. They went to battle and so great was their power that the land was torn asunder and water began to weep from the land. The stars old friends arrived and joined the battle, causing the land to weep harder. Soon the small trickle of water became a creek. As the last blow was dealt and the stars were defeated the sun fell to her side and wept openly. Her tears joined the tears of the land and a mighty river was born, splitting the valley in twain. The sun and moon resided on one side and the friends who once loved the stars on the other.

To this day the river of lovers marks the border between the land of Harmony and the Land of The Sun and Moon. A river created from the tears of the world and the tears of the sun. Lovers see it as the gap that forms between lovers and can pull them apart but what it truly is is the river of tears of a tragedy. If one can make it past a great tragedy with their lover then their relationship can survive anything, but if one lets grief consume and sweep them away in it’s torrential torrent then the lover is left reaching out for someone who has been lost.

PreviousChapters Next