• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,523 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,523

PreviousChapters Next
327. Drumroll by Jonesly

***

Laughter echoed throughout the dining hall. Four mares had gathered for the evening, to enjoy good food and good company. Celestia and Luna had joined their marefriends Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash for dinner.

“So then I said, 'You never know if that potato on your plate has flown first class or coach!'” Rainbow finished her story, cracking up the others.

As their chuckles wound down and they turned their attention back to their meals, a cough came from the end of the table. Looking up, Spike stood in front of them, dressed up in the small tuxedo he'd worn to the Grand Galloping Gala. “Ladies, if I could have a bit of your time. I have a small presentation I'd like to make.”

“Spike? What are you doing?” Twilight asked.

“I have been observing various couples around the town and I've decided that some of them need an award.” Spike said.

“Oh really?” Twilight was looking at him with open curiousity. “And what award is this?”

“Well, I was going to do a bunch of build up and explanation of this award, but it doesn't really matter. Lemme just grab the trophy.” Spike hustled over to the side of the room where a small brass statuette had gone unnoticed on a side table. Grabbing it and a small envelope, he moved back to the main table.

“Ok, now I have it. And... The award goes to...” Spike looked around. “Drumroll please?”

Luna and Rainbow Dash started stomping their forehooves in a quick staccato, happily playing along with Spike.

“Thank you. As I was saying, the award for Nauseating Displays of Public Affection goes to...” Spike ripped open his envelope and pulled out a piece of paper. “Twilight and Celestia!”

Twilight looked on in stunned bemusement at Spike hefted the small trophy. Celestia, however, grinned openly, stood up and moved over to where Spike was standing. Her horn glowed golden as she took the statuette from him.

Celestia stood before her audience of four and cleared her throat. “Ladies and Gentle..drake, I suppose. I stand here before you not only as a princess, but as living proof that sometimes ponies make poor decisions. On that note, I'd like to thank Twilight for her poor decision in choosing me. Pause for laughter.” Her audience groaned, she winked at them. “Spike, you've always been tolerant of us and for that... I'd like to warn you. We shall be staging a repeat performance of our award winning make-out in roughly an hour.”

Spike looked sad. “I do live here you know, what am I supposed to do?”

Luna spoke up then, “I have little desire myself to witness my sister making out. Shall we go forth to find some Creamed Ice?”

Rainbow poked her side. “It's 'ice cream' and that sounds awesome. You in Spike?”

Spike grinned. “The award for best ponies goes to... you two!”

PreviousChapters Next