• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,506 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,506

PreviousChapters Next
147. BEES! by Jonesly

***

Twilight Sparkle, having just awoken, stumbled into a private lounge in Canterlot castle. “Coffee, black,” she muttered to the attending maid then looked across the table to her marefriend. Celestia was calmly sipping some tea and reading over a report. She was wearing a bright yellow construction helmet and an even brighter yellow vest with a black stripe down the middle of it.

“Tia, with that hat and the vest, you look rather like a bee.”

“I was afraid of that. It can’t really be helped, it is safety equipment after all, but still, hearing you say that stings, just a little bit,” Celestia replied.

Twilight’s right eye twitched. Of all the quirks she had discovered during her courtship of SHE WHO RAISES THE SUN, this was the one that was most likely to cause a Want It Need It episode in the smaller alicorn.

“Ignoring that, what are you doing that requires safety precautions?”

“Oh, it is time for me to inspect the Royal Navy’s progress on ship construction this year. I believe my simulacrums are correct, and we should be synched up between me and the navy, but Admiral Yamaremoto has some new ideas on how to integrate the navy and the Pegasus core. Something about specialized ships to carry them at sea and assist in projecting air power, it’s quite interesting, really.”

Celestia rambled a bit; Twilight noted she tended to do that where her military was concerned.

“Well then, I guess I’ll see you tonight, I love you, don’t play too many pranks on the good Admiral,” Twilight said.

“I do promise to beehive on this trip. It shouldn’t take me too long, we’ve planned a brief inspection of the current fleet construction, then we shall wing the rest of the day, my Lords of the Navy do tend to drone on, but if they keep flitting about, I shall just have to tell them about my missing love and how I nectar. If I wax on about matters of love and lust, they tend to start bumbling about irrecoverably.” Celestia said, eliciting another eye twitch and a pained look from her love.

“It is entirely too early for such shenanigans. Please, just let it bee,” Twilight said with all the dignity she could muster.

“Good one Twilight!” Tia giggled.

Twilight stared in disbelief at her yellow clad paramour, “I am too sober for this conversation. I need a drink. Preferably with enough kick to put a minotaur down.”

“Dear, do be sure to not get too buzzed; Please?” was Celestia’s mild reply.

A frustrated growl was her only response.

PreviousChapters Next