• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,494 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,494

PreviousChapters Next
196. Disguises by Starlight Shadow

***

Twilight and Celestia walked through the crowds of Canterlot, headed toward a certain patch of countryside they both enjoyed. Twilight levitated a picnic basket in her magenta magic, and she kept glancing around, as if she was worried they might be seen.

"I like these disguises, Celly." Twilight whispered to the princess. "Nopony bows or pulls us aside to invite us somewhere. It's great!"

Celestia smiled and nodded. They had cast illusion spells on themselves so nopony would bow or ask after their presence at some social function. And not one magazine photographer would so much as give them a sideways glance, let alone follow them.

Twilight was now a deep blue unicorn mare with a shockingly white mane and tail, and a light blue crescent moon for a cutie mark. Celestia was a unicorn as well, though she was pale pink, with a shimmering gold mane and tail. Her cutie mark was a red flower.

Celestia liked not being a princess for a while. It felt good to be treated as a pony, not a god, and she even relished the thought of getting snapped at. As for Twilight, she enjoyed the return to her days as a commoner, before meeting her friends and getting wings.

They eventually reached the city limits, staring out at the open sky that the city stuck out into. With a flash of their horns, they dispelled the illusion. Twilight shivered, as if she had just exited a tub of cold water.

The two nodded and spread their wings in unison, swooping downward and landing atop a small hill, right beside a small stream. As Twilight unpacked their picnic, a few sideways glances revealed no hiding paparazzi.

Note to self, look into illusion magic when we get back to the castle.

PreviousChapters Next