• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,507 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,507

PreviousChapters Next
84. Dragons by Silver Scrolls

***

Celestia's head breached the surface of the massive mound of golden coins, rubies, trinkets and other such treasures causing an avalanche of small proportions. Spitting out s few gold coins she turned to the dragon that was smirking at. "I forgot how hard it is to swim through solid material." Pulling herself free she shook free a few loose pieces of treasure and slid down the side of the mound.

The Dragon snickered and shook his head. "Tell me again why you need this necklace that you are so certain I have. "

Celestia looked around the lair at all the massive piles of treasure and sighed. "Why must you have so much treasure? I mean really, what do you do with it all?" She stayed trotting towards the next pile. "As for why, well that's personal."

The dragon shook his head and smiled as he watched her dive into the next pile. Pulling out the necklace from under himself he chuckled. The pile with Celestia shifted and began to run across the floor, spilling out like a rushing wave of glittering death. The sound faded and Celestia was left sitting on top of a much smaller pile of treasure with a frown. Her shoulders were slumped forward while her wings hung low. Slowly bet bottom lip began to tremble as tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

"Woah, hey, no gods are allowed to cry in this cave. Calm down, it'll be okay" He rose up and slide across the floor so he could wrap in wing as the tears started.

"No it won't!" Celestia wailed as the dragon pulled her close. "It's our anniversary soon and that was the necklace that I wanted to propose to her with. It belonged to my first lover and I want to give it to Twilight as a symbol of her being the last. She will be the last let I take because I want to spend the rest of eternity with her." Celestia buried hrr muzzle in the crook of the dragon's wing as she cried.

The Dragon slowly raised a claw and gently patted her on the back. "There there, I know exactly where it is."

Celestia sniffle and looked up at the dragon as he pulled out the necklace. Her tears speed as a smile stole is way onto her face.

"Oh, thank you so much Spike, you have no idea how much this means to me."

"I think he might." Celestia's face fell as she slowly turned to look towards the sound of the voice that had just called out. Twilight stood leaning against Spike's tail with a sure grin. "He was holding that necklace for me so I could do the same thing, sort of. I knew about the legend of the necklace, but I didn't know it was really that important." Twilight stepped forward towards Celestia as Spike let her go.

"So then..." Celestia paused as purple lips meet her white ones.

Twilight pulled away with a smile. "Yes."

PreviousChapters Next