• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,508 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,508

PreviousChapters Next
261. Science Fiction by Ultra1437

by Ultra1437

***

Two ponies stared up at the massive ship in the sky, only one awestruck at its sleek hull.

“Twilight… is this really necessary?” Celestia asked, a wing wrapped around the smaller mare.

She felt Twilight’s nod as a reply more than anything after a few seconds. “Mhmm. I had it meticulously designed. Three redundant Luna-class thrusters on each side, there’s a pair of linked You-class harmonic shield resonators each in the fore and aft for defense, and six Me-class blaster cannons as offense.”

Celestia blinked once. “I understood all that when I saw the approved plans, but why did you name it after me?”

They stared again at the words REN Celestia embossed on the ship’s side, against it’s still slate-gray hull. Twilight spoke up quietly, almost a whisper. “Oh. It’s not finished being painted yet. It’s commissioned to match your colors!”

Celestia sighed before reaching down and nuzzling the smaller mare cocooned in her wing. “That doesn’t answer my question, Twilight.” She kissed her prey below her horn before pulling back slightly.

Twilight jumped only very slightly as Celestia’s muzzle touched her forehead. “Well… the real reason is complicated.” Her ears pinned back, making her look every bit the prey she’d become.

Celestia laughed softly. “We have been dating a while, haven’t we? I think that anything you may have told me before then would make this look easy, wouldn’t it?”

Twilight pushed her muzzle into Celestia’s side and spoke softly, and the only way Celestia knew her marefriend had spoken was because she felt them.

Teasingly, she tightened her wing around Twilight as she spoke, “What was that, love? You’ll have to speak up.”

Twilight’s wings tried to flare, failing miserably in their confined space. After a few seconds she spoke up, “Lemme out, please.”

“Only if you promise to tell me. It doesn’t have to be today, or tomorrow, but eventually.” Celestia’s wing lifted away at Twilight’s nod, freeing the smaller mare.

The ship’s engines fired up, bringing a small whine along on the wind. Twilight stepped away a few feet as Celestia folded her wing back at her side. “It… it’s a present. For you.” Celestia’s shocked look only lasted a fraction of a second. “I know how much you hate feeling powerless in the universe, especially since we started exploring it and leaving the nest, as you once put it. The revolution to change Equestria into a republic certainly didn’t help that any.” Both ponies’ heads bowed for a few seconds.

“Indeed, but it certainly did help our little ponies learn for themselves, after all.”

Twilight nodded once. “Yeah.”

Celestia poked Twilight with a free hoof. “Enough reminiscing on the past, I would say. You were saying?”

Twilight pointed to a dome in the middle of the ship. “What I didn’t put in the blueprints, was a special chamber. Should you need to be anywhere in the universe, that chamber lets you channel your entire magic reserves into the Celestia’s oversized power banks.”

The whining intensified and the Celestia sailed across the sky and away from the planet. Both alicorns’ thoughts were interrupted as it seemed to effortlessly glide away.

“My entire reserve, Twilight?” Twilight nodded once. “Are you sure?” Another nod. “In all my years, I’ve ever used my entire reserve only twice. I assure you, unless Luna has shown you a memory of hers, you haven’t seen my entire reserve of magic.”

Twilight looked up at where the Celestia had flown off. “It took me several favors for both Luna and Discord, several months of calculations, and an entire field’s worth of coffee, but I have seen both times. I assure you, Celestia, it will hold your entire reserve and use it to whatever ends you wish. If I may, can I please continue my previous explanation?”

Celestia nodded once. Twilight continued her explanation, “You or by proxy, any alicorn, can literally supercharge that ship. The banks only flow one way into the ship, so you cannot overcharge the banks, unless you or another alicorn do it on purpose. The chamber also doubles as a focus for teleportation.”

“Teleportation?” Twilight looked at her marefriend, for one of the first times truly seeing confusion on her face.

“Yes, teleportation. While any alicorn can use it, it’s tuned specifically to you. That means with you and the Celestia working together, you both can literally be anywhere, at any time. You won’t feel helpless anymore, Celestia.”

Twilight suddenly found her world had turned a pleasant shade of alabaster as Celestia attempted to hug the life-force out of her. “I… Thank you, Twilight. If this ship performs as it says you will, I will be able to help my ponies once again, even if I am no longer their leader. If there’s anything you wish of me, I would gladly give it to you.”

Twilight squeaked once as Celestia released her. “There is one thing.”

Celestia’s mask slipped back on. “Name it.”

Twilight turned pleading eyes on her lover. “Take me with you. I’m tired of feeling helpless myself.”

Celestia smiled and laughed loudly, full heaving laughs. “That’s it? Consider it done, Captain Twilight Sparkle.” She drew the smaller mare into another bonecrushing hug, before kissing her on the lips.

A shrill scream heralded the Celestia’s return to Equestria. Celestia looked up at the ship again and thought, ‘You know, I think I like it with my name on it now.’

PreviousChapters Next