• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,519 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,519

PreviousChapters Next
443. Come Hither by Silver Scrolls

***

The eyes, a window to the soul. Not the central feature of one’s face but by far the most important. They not only allow you to see the world and distinguish other ponies from each other but they are expressive. In this world there are so many ways in which the eyes can express not just emotions but thoughts. The eye can also betray you by giving away your thoughts to those who know what to look for. Most of all though the eyes are used to give to others something called looks.

These looks are very numerous and they are categorized in a sense. There are looks mothers give to children or to significant others. These are motherly looks, but do not be deceived, not all motherly looks are kind. On the other side of that are fatherly looks, often those are not mean or kind. Generally fatherly looks are full of pride or annoyance. Often they are full of anger as well, and though that look may be terrifying little comes of it if one leaves the father alone.

Other looks are more often seen with teens. Those are mostly annoyance or rebellious, seeing as those are the default stages of a teenagers mind. Children also have their own set of expressions that they use their eyes for, most of which are very innocent or basic. The big thing with looks though is that even if one ascribes a look to a certain category it more often than not doesn’t fit a category.

There is though, a special set of looks. These are the looks of lovers to each other. The doe eyes, the eyes of a love struck mare or stallion, or even the dreamy look one gets when seeing your crush. The most famous of these looks though is the one known as the come hither look.

This look is special, very special. It is given to one whom the giver of the look wishes to have join them in certain activities explained to children using the famous birds and the bees speech. Now everyone who has gone through puberty is familiar with this look. There is no training needed to achieve or understand the look, though some have been known to train this look to perfection. This look is basic, it reaches down into our most basic of needs and wraps itself around them before tickling these needs under the chin, coaxing them to follow it.

In this vast world there are almost none who are immune to this look and so when it is given it is heeded. It does not matter what one is doing at the time of the look, you will drop that activity and follow the giver of this sacred look. So it was on the day in which the sun stood still.

As many days start, it was normal. The sun rose and the moon set as ponies stood from their beds and headed of to work for the day. The guards of Canterlot castle switched to the day shift and the usual patrons filed in for the day. Breakfast was served to those who had stayed at the castle for the night and preparations for court were made.

During all this the youngest princess, Twilight Sparkle arrived. She did what she always did and greeted the guards as she made her way to her room. She met with her older brother and stepsister for lunch and then went to attend court.

What happened next is why I explained to you the value of our eyes and the looks they give. Twilight entered court and stood in the back until she caught Celestia’s eyes. What happened next baffled everyone in attendance. Celestia stood from her throne, blushing so hard many thought she would fall over then and there. Instead though she announced the ending of court for the day with a very shaky voice and teleported from the room.

By this time Twilight had slipped out and left none of the nobles any wiser to her presence. A few guards would speculate on her arrival being the cause but none could be sure until that night. That night the sun did not set until Luna stepped forward and lowered it, four hours late. When asked she simply stated that her neighbors were excessively noisy and she had trouble sleeping. It wouldn’t be until a week later when a tabloid published an article about Twilight and Celestia having dinner at a cafe in Manehatten that the pieces would fall in place for Equestria.

Needless to say, I the seneschal of Princess Celestia saw the look Twilight gave her that fateful day. I will admit that even I was struck by the smoldering look she gave our Princess that day and I understand now why my mother used to tell me of the awe inspiring power of the come hither look.

PreviousChapters Next