• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,513 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,513

PreviousChapters Next
37. Bittersweet by Muslipepito

***

“No, of course not! I was just fetching a breakfast for us! When I left the room you were still sleeping and snoring in the bed!” denied Twilight.

Celestia sighed, trying to calm down her poor and frantic heart. She had just woken up and had panicked when she had found the royal bed lacking of her purple lover, a fear so deep in her mind that she did not consider one second that her absence was temporary. Twilight put the tray of food on the floor and embraced the shaking alicorn, patting her back like a mother would. She waited for Celestia to continue.

“I’m sorry, I was so afraid...afraid that you would leave me definitively and forever.” Her overreacted fear wasn't something normal, and it bothered her a lot, that she, princess Celestia, would loose her mind over something so minor. Of course she isn't always fresh when she woke up, but she had been ready to accuse Twilight of the most horrible crimes! She had doubted her lover’s sincerity.

“Don’t you trust me?”

“That’s...yes I do, you’re the most important pony of all my eternity! It was just a bad reaction, I wasn't entirely conscious…” Celestia laughed awkwardly. She knew Twilight merited her trust, the little alicorn was all she ever wanted and loved! She was beautiful, kind, curious, funny... they had faced so much hardships together and never Twilight had failed her, so why did she continue to doubt her? Why do she repress the desire to deprive her from her liberty and keep her by her side forever?

“I’m not leaving you Celestia, I don’t want to and I can’t. I am no longer a mortal, you shouldn't worry about this.” Twilight’s look became more anxious, she hated when her lover hid something from her.

“It’s not the same thing Twilight, I love you so much I don’t want to be separated from you, and this incident helped me to become aware of my dependence toward you. I’m afraid that I will become more and more possessive, and hurt you because of my...weakness.”

“So you’re not trusting me…”

“Twilight, please!” Celestia begged, in the verge of crying. She needed her, she wanted her with all the force of her mind, and that was sufficient enough for Twilight.

She let Celestia hold her in her arm, even if her grip was painful, and leaned her head against the alabaster chest of her beautiful jailer. It was true that for years now, the sun princess had become more dominant, violent during their nights, and that she couldn't stand to see Twilight simply smiling at another mare or stallion. She had accepted this as the way Celestia showed her love, but it appeared more and more as something hideous and horrifying, a mixture of different and twisted feelings. She could sense the desire Celestia had to possess her, and it wasn't the normal behavior of an attentive lover. Something must have surely happened in the past, a tragedy that forced Celestia to act this way with her. An accident that had become the source of her fear. Twilight wanted to say that she could accept all the chains and padlocks Celestia would imprison her with, but she wasn't invincible: she had become more melancholic and distant this days, too much of her friends had noticed it. She found herself in a difficult position; accept Celestia’s behavior and suffer from it until they found a solution-miracle, forgetting everything that was precious to her, even her own sanity. Or she could break with Celestia and flee to the end of the world. The two propositions prompted joy and sadness, like the bittersweet flavor of an unripe fruit. But Celestia needed her.

Her majesty curled up, forcefully holding her princess in her arms, fearful she would crumble to dust in her hooves.

“Please, do not leave me. Never.” She whispered with an audible hint of pain, crushed by that overwhelming desire to possess the fragile alicorn.

Then, I will forget myself even if she abandons me and changes me into a token for her to direct her feelings, thought Twilight, a resolution she took as Celestia whimpered in her embrace.

“Never, I love you too much…”

PreviousChapters Next