• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,519 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,519

PreviousChapters Next
172. Dreadful(2) by ArguingPizza

***

Taxes.

The most awful, horrendous, abysmal concept to ever arise from a thinking mind. Were it not for its vital necessity to the functioning of…well, basically everything, Celestia would have banished the idea and burned all mention of its name. Not even Princesses were spared from its vengeful call, and all the agonizing paperwork involved. Celestia dreaded tax season the entire year, and tended to procrastinate until the last minute.

Her wife, however, was in absolute heaven.

For Princess Twilight Sparkle, tax season was a second Hearth’s Warming. All the reading, the forms, the reference books! During the entirety of the Moon of First Blossoms, the Palace staff were often met by the sight of the Princess of Friendship merrily skipping through the halls.

“Uugh,” Celestia grumbled as she plopped down on an old, worn out cushion. It was dotted with a half dozen patches of every color except the faded red they were sewn into, and the stuffing was compacted into warring tribes of migrating fluff. Needless to say, it was Celestia’s favorite. Sadly, not even her favorite cushion could make up for the mountain of papers that Twilight dropped inches from her muzzle.

Well, it was less of a mountain and more of a hill. Or perhaps a heap. Maybe ‘pile would be more accurate, though ‘stack’ was even closer.

“Celestia, I love you, but come on. Its three pages.” Twilight’s voice did nothing to assuage her as she glared at the loathsome sheets of parchment. With a sigh, Twilight wiggled her way onto the cushion beside her and leaned her head on Celestia’s neck.

“Look, I know you hate taxes, but this is our first time filling them out as a married couple! I’ve been looking forward to this since we got engaged…” For good measure, Twilight sniffled and summoned a few extra tears to give her eyes a nice, glossy shimmer.

Celestia tried to remain defiant in the face of the obvious manipulation, but her defenses quickly crumbled.

“Fine,” she mumbled in resignation. Twilight perked up immediately, and Celestia glared at her halfheartedly for not even bothering to try to conceal her machinations.

“Thank you!” she squeezed Celestia tightly, and brought her muzzle up to whisper in Celestia’s ear. “I’ll make it up to you later,” she promised, her voice heavy with implications.

Given true motivation at last, Celestia perked up and turned her attention to the work in front of her. Twilight giggled, but politely said nothing of the dusting of pink on her cheeks.

“So what do I need to fill out? I’ve never had to fill out a joint return before,” Celestia said unsurely as she separated the pages with her magic. Twilight gave her a flat look and snatched the papers back, placed them in the correct order, and replaced the staple Celestia had ignored.

“I’ve marked them with the red arrows. I already filled out my half, so you just need to record your income and expenses.” Celestia nodded and smiled gratefully. She drew an unopened inkwell and fresh quill from her desk, took a deep breath, and began.

Her income was simple; her annual stipend hadn’t changed in over a decade. She owned a few small islands off the Eastern coast, but they were simply private vacation houses and didn’t generate any revenue. As Princess she shared equal ownership of Crown Properties alongside Luna and Twilight, but fortunately for her the revenues generated from them were handled by the Royal Treasury.

In minutes, she was finished. She was amazed, and filled with a new wave of affection for Twilight. Never before had completing the accursed ritual been so simple, so easy, so absolutely not that bad.

Twilight was taken by complete when Celestia slammed into her side, overwhelmed her pitiful defenses, and locked their lips together. Celestia’s blitzkrieg left no room for resistance, and Twilight was soon left with no option but surrender.

Celestia pulled away to give them both the mercy of a fresh breath, but she held her position atop Sparkle Hill.

“You are the best thing that’s ever happened to me,” she whispered heavily. Twilight smiled and the two shared a much more tender kiss.

Then Celestia teleported them to their bedchamber, and tender gave way to all-out war.

PreviousChapters Next