• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,494 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,494

PreviousChapters Next
187. Umbrella by Starlight Shadow

***

Twilight squinted across the cobblestone plaza through the sheets of silvery rain. She hadn't thought to wear a raincoat, as she hadn't checked the weather schedule before catching the nearest train to Canterlot as soon as she got the letter from Tia. Never again will I say "I'll check the weather schedule later."

The rain was coming down hard, instantly soaking any poor birds who happened to fly out into it. She would hate to be half-curled in her chair at the cafe shivering and getting the welcome mat all wet. Instant-warmth spells were generally rude to perform in public; it made whatever room you were standing on uncomfortably hot for a good minute or so. A quick glance at the clock revealed she was late for her coffee date as well. Great.

She took a deep breath and dashed across, nearly crashing into several umbrella-toting ponies. Lucky them.

She made it halfway across when she bumped right into Princess Celestia. "Hi, Tia." She smiled sheepishly. "Sorry for being late.

"It's fine, Twilight. Why didn't you bring a coat?" A teasing smile twitched at the corners of Celestia's lips.

"Forgot to check the weather schedule." Another sheepish smile.

Celestia gently nudged Twilight under her umbrella. "Let's walk together. What are you working on in that lab of yours?"

And as Twilight babbled, and Celestia drank in every word, the rain slowly went away.

PreviousChapters Next