• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,445 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,445

Chapters Next
1. Duty by Goldenarbiter

***

Crimson Progress stood outside Celestia’s royal chambers, golden armour agleam from the sunlight shining through the glass ceilinged corridor. His Princess had ordered no one to disturb her and her student as they did whatever they had decided they were going to do in there.

“What do you think they’re talking about?” Golden Sword asked. The unicorn was stationed with Crimson in attempt to end the segregation of the unicorn and pegasus ranks.

“I don’t know, Sir.” Crimson responded. “Not our place to ask questions.”

“Oh but it is, Corporal.” The Lieutenant said, a smirk gracing his lips. “We have to know what the Princess is doing at all times!”

Crimson just rolled his eyes, before resuming his stony facade.

Golden sighed at Corporal, knowing he was still new to the Equestrian Army. “You gotta loosen up soon, man. Seriously. Besides, I guarantee they're doing all kinds of naughty things in there.”

Crimson’s eyes went wide at the insinuation. “Sir, what the buck are you saying!” he exploded, “That’s the Princess and her prized pupil you’re talking about!”

“And it’s our duty to keep tabs on them!” the unicorn responded instantly.

“No, Sir!” It’s our duty to protect them unquestioningly!”

The guards were so lost in their bickering about the definition of ‘Duty’ that they never noticed the doors to the Royal Chambers opening, and a rather regal figure walking out, with a flustered Archmage right on her heels.

“Come on,” Golden said, confidant in the silencing spell on the room he was protecting. “Tell me you haven’t thought about the Princess’ flanks!

The clearing of a purple throat caused both guards to spin on the spot to face a blushing monarch and an enraged magician. “Those flanks belong to me.” the purple unicorn said menacingly.

It was Crimson’s duty to faint on the spot.

Chapters Next