• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,494 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,494

PreviousChapters Next
232. SPECIAL BONUS CHAPTER BECAUSE FUZZY IS A BLIND IDIOT: Carpe Diem by Knight of Lycaeus

***

Carpe diem, seize the day, an old phrase from a work known as the Odes written by a Classical poet in the almost extinct tongue of Ancient Roan. Many over the centuries have debated over its intent, does it mean to make the most of the day or to take action now as the future remains always uncertain. The dilemma I face could be taken as either, I'm not even quite sure how to define it but I know I must soon.

For today, today I'm engaged in the act of packing, placing away everything both mundane and valuable. After today I will be gone, I will leave here and not return again for some time. My trip begins tomorrow yet it is one filled with uncertainty. My friends have agreed to come, at least for a time yet today shall be my last in the presence of her. She who had been my light and my beacon through life from foal to mare, she is both my inspiration and who I aspire to be like. Yet this is likely the last I will see of her for some time.

I'm leaving, to see the world as some would have put it but no, my role will be to act as Equestria's Princess, to spread the message and meaning of Friendship as my title implies. It could be months and although I doubt it will be so long, it could perhaps be years before I return. I know not what lies ahead only that my brilliant light will not be there.

She has been everything, teacher, guide, friend, more than what I could ever put into words. Yet I wish there was even more between us, I wish I could add love to the impressive list of titles and roles she has been for me yet I am afraid. Afraid that what I will say will damage our trust, our relationship; for how does one even begin to stand up to the one who Brings Forth the Dawn, who led a nation by her lonesome for a millennium. Yet with this goodbye, I should, no, must seize this chance. I'm afraid but the regret of not knowing, of letting this flame flicker and fade, of letting this fester would hurt me much more deeply than our goodbye will.

I know that tomorrow is uncertain as is the future, our future; I must seize this one last chance. Our parting will be difficult, the many long months apart even more so, but she is my guiding light and she will always lead me home but whether I return to her as her friend or as her love is by her choice.

Author's Note:

I am the dumbs. I missed this from a while back...

Sorry, KoL!

PreviousChapters Next