• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,512 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,512

PreviousChapters Next
323. Forgetfulness by Donraj

***

Twilight sputtered in disbelief. Celestia thought it was rather cute.

“What do you mean you don’t remember?!”

Celestia chuckled. “Twilight, how well do you remember things that happened a decade ago?”

“Perfectly!” Twilight said indignantly.

Celestia arched an eyebrow. “Oh? Ten years ago, today.”

“Studying for my exam on the Elementalism section in my Advanced Abjuration class the following week,” Twilight said promptly. “Felt guilty because I had still only finished editing and memorizing three out of four responses to the possible questions on the essay section. Skipped lunch, ate strawberries and cream for dinner.”

Celestia blinked. Twilight froze.

“Oh my gosh I’m sorry I didn’t mention you were the one who brought the strawberries,” Twilight said in a rush. “I got distracted trying to remember the essay that got used as a chapter in the new textbook afterward.”

Twilight’s head sank in shame.

“Even though it turned out there actually was a four percent more effective pattern to array the energy flows in the dispersal aspect for that particular spell.”

“The one that ended up being the Guard’s go-to counter against dragon fire?” Celestia queried.

Twilight wilted even further at reminder of her mistake.

“Yes. I knew I should have insisted on a blood sample from Spike.”

“Twilight?” Celestia said hesitantly. “You do realize that spell is still being used today, don’t you? And that the slightly more effective method you worked out the following month is so complex that the only ponies who managed to cast it were yourself, myself and your brother, with your brother being the only one to ever use it in a combat situation?”

“But it’s so simple!” Twilight wailed. “If I had only gone through the experiment another half dozen times I’m sure I would have spotted it before the book went into print!”

Twilight paused for a moment. “But what does this have to do with you not remembering the color pattern on the Grandmaster Alchemist’s robes?”

“I…never mind Twilight. Suffice it to say that never aging is going to be a very different experience for you than it was for Luna and I.”

Twilight looked confused. Celestia shook her head and chuckled.

“You never cease to amaze me Twilight. I’m glad you never managed to see something you shouldn’t have as a filly.”

Twilight blushed and looked down at the floor. Celestia paused and braced herself for the worst.

“Do I want to know?”

Twilight blushed even harder. “Let’s just say that you look very good with a wet mane.”

PreviousChapters Next