• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,499 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,499

PreviousChapters Next
143. Hallowed by Davesknd

***

Twilight Sparkle liked dressing up.

Be it for festivals, for her birthday or to escape a mob of ticket-greedy ponies, Twilight liked slipping on something nice or useful and pretend.

And she especially liked dressing up for Nightmare Night, a celebration very dear to her.

She annually spent hours of hours perfecting her costume (and unlike Rarity, she always was on time) and joining the festivities with her mobile sweets container, Spike (who usually dressed up as a dragon).

But this year, her unstoppable enthusiasm collided with the immovable displeasure of Nightmare Night's biggest grump.

Namely Princess Celestia of Equestria, ruler of ponydom, banisher of Nightmare Moon and the pony who had developed a disliking for Nightmare Night that made her sister's original ire seem minuscule.

In her defense, Celestia had been forced to watch ponydom demonize her beloved sister for a thousand years, while glorifying the action she regretted the most. Her disliking of Nightmare Night was part projection, part coping mechanism.

At least that was, what Twilight kept telling her as she grumpily plunged a spoon into a pumpkin in front of her to hollow it out.

"Come, Tia!" Twilight said and shook her head, needle and thread in magic. "Even Luna likes the festival nowadays. Just enjoy yourself."

"I would enjoy this much more if this infernal fruit was not so stubborn!" Celestia said in annoyance "Why do I have to hollow it out anyways? It feels like a waste not to eat the entire fruit! Yes, wasteful! Maybe I should outlaw this practice! There are ponies starving that would give their left hoof for a-"

"Tia, I love you, but you have to stop being so grumpy over certain things." Twilight sighed "You even forgave Discord."

"Discord had the decency to be quiet for more than a thousand years! Nightmare Night got on my nerve year after year!" Celestia groaned and plunged the spoon deep into the pumpkin's flesh. "And now even Luna celebrates being scary! It just frustrates me!"

With a crack, the pumpkin split under Celestia's treatment and the princess groaned, her face covered in Pumpkin.

"Celestia!" Twilight demanded "If you keep being such a Nightmare Night grump, you are not allowed to put on our costume!"

The pumpkin slaying princess gave Twilight a questioning look. "OUR costume?"

Twilight grinned and a flash of magic ignited from her horn.

Suddenly, Celestia was wearing what appeared to be fake fangs, jaguar face paint and a jaguar suit. On her left shoulder was a patch of grey fur, from which sprouted a smiling Twilight, wearing goat horns, a small beard and mischiefous grin.

"OUR costume!" she giggled and snuggled against Celestia's shoulder.

"I admit, I could get used to this..." Celestia giggled softly.

"You two better keep the cuddling to a minimum!" demanded Spike from the tail.

"Ignore the cheap seats in the back..." Twilight giggled and gave Celestia a peck on the cheek.

Spike groaned. "I hate being typecasted for my tongue..."

Author's Note:

Back after far too long of a hiatus, Davesknd!

PreviousChapters Next