• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,514 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,514

PreviousChapters Next
65. Tiara by Knight of Cerebus

***

"Mom!" the sound of little hooves running across the carpet towards the throne room lifted Twilight's attention from the story in front of her. She rolled her eyes as she set the chronicle of her downfall into Sun's Shadow aside. Some writers could be so dramatic.

"Yes, my little sunlight?" Twilight folded her hooves, allowing the filly to sit in them. She was still quivering, as children tend to do when they're not quite done expending their excitement in hops and mad dashes towards the nearest parent to vent upon. Fortunately, Twilight had a soft hoof and a keen ear, and she leaned her head so that her ear was facing Starburst, waiting for the filly to explode into excited chatter.

"Momma! The guards say I'm a princess! Is that true?" Twilight smiled down at her, nothing but love in her eyes as she nuzzled the filly. Starburst, for her part, squealed and whined at the sudden muzzle that was tickling her tummy, hooves flailing in an attempt to get out of the sinister trap her mother had set for her.

"Of course you are, love. You're my little princess."

"But if I'm a princess, how come I don't have a crown?" Starburst's eager mind whirred along. She had inherited Twilight's need to compare herself to others, and her lack of crown caused her to frown in confusion.

"Because, my little spark of joy, crowns aren't what make a Princess. A good Princess--"

"Should show a mark of their designated office and authority through a piece of jewlery, commonly agreed upon to be a crown but occa--occas--occas-i-on-all-ly a necklace or scepter. Where's my necklace or scepter, mommy?!" The little filly's lecture broke off into a whine, causing Twilight to sigh. Perhaps Tia had a point about those dusty old books.

"How about I tell you a little secret about Princesses, Star? Would you rather that, or a crown?" Starburst thought about this with all the diligence of a filly, sitting on her rump and pouting her bottom lip as her head tilted in consideration.

"Secret!" She could always harass either mother about a crown at another point, but Twilight's moods were never a sure thing.

"Having a crown makes everypony bow out of your way. It's as if you have some sort of cold they don't want to catch. They never want to talk with you, or to you, or sit down and make friends with you--"

"I don't need friends!" The filly exclaimed defiantly. Twilight gave a frown, making the filly hush and give an apologetic tail wag.

"More important to you, dear, is that they will always deign to help you out. Without fail. I can't grab a book from the library without a servant tripping over himself to help me. Do you want ponies always in your face, asking you if you need help?"

"...No."

"Then having a crown wouldn't be much fun, would it?" The filly didn't look so certain.

"I tell you what. How about you and I make a crown fit for a Princess together, and you can wear it all day if you like it?" Twilight levitated out some paper, glitter and glue, and soon Starburst's desire to be a Princess was forgotten.

Author's Note:

Also, KoC told me to tell all of you nice people that he's planning on writing a full fledge fic about Starburst and Twimom and Celesmom. Go bug him about it. Or, comment here. He'll see it.

PreviousChapters Next