• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,514 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,514

PreviousChapters Next
312. Expedited(2) by Jonesly

***

A noble stood up in the throne room of Canterlot castle. Court was in session and with the princesses in residence, it was moving along at a good clip.

“I would like to call for a vote on Resolution 8746, a motion to require verification that clowns are indeed ponies under the makeup...”

“Rejected.” Came a voice from the left throne, a banner above emblazoned with a sun.

“The budget proposal for Miss Goodflank's Orphanage...

“Approved.” This one came from the right throne, it's banner marked with stars.

Prince Blueblood stood before the podium and cleared his throat

“Denied.” Right.

Blueblood spluttered. “But I haven't said anything yet.”

“Denied and blacklisted. No law, come back in three months.” Left.

“Ladies and Gentleponies of the Court, I come before you today not to praise Celestia but ...”

“Time's up, your motion is tabled until a later court.” Left.

“My bill would redirect educational funding from magic to science.”

“Umm... No.” Right.

“My bill would redirect educational funding from science to magic.”

“See above.” Left.

“Hayfries are unpatriotic! The commissary should call them Freedom Fries!”

“Really? No.” In unison.

“Through intensive study of ancient law, I've found an interesting proviso about the marriage status of a Princess...”

“Refused... wait what?” Celestia finally looked up from the book in front of her on the throne. The noble before her cowered before the intensity of her gaze. “What did you find?”

“Umm... well...” The noble stuttered, then plunged onward. “Thelawsaysyoumustmarrywithinathousandandfiveyearsofyoursistersbanishmentorthethronedevolves.”

Twilight made a calming gesture. “Once more please, with articulation and breathing.”

The noble drew a deep breath. “I found a law. It says, rather simply, 'If Princess Celestia doesn't find a spouse in one thousand and twenty years, she will give up the throne to the unicorn royalty.' This was followed by a barely legible signature of both princesses and was dated fifteen years before Luna's banishment.”

Twilight sat there with a look of puzzled shock. “That... is oddly specific,” Turning to her fiance she cocked her head, “Do you know anything about this? Tia? Are you ok?”

Celestia was looking puzzled. “I think... I think I remember nothing of the sort. Perhaps...” Her eyes suddenly widened. “I remember now! Luna was teasing me about my dating habits. I got angry and yelled at her that I could get anyone I wanted. She said something like, 'Wanna bet?' So we made a bet. She set the terms. We must have been in earshot of a herald. They used to take anything we said and put it into law.”

Twilight sighed. “You do realize what this means right?”

Celestia looked over at her quizzically.

“We have three weeks to get married. Write a letter to Spike. We need Rarity and the girls here. We're expediting the wedding.”

Celestia smiled gratefully. “I'm more then ok with this.”

PreviousChapters Next